Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help getting a 360mm rad and its fans

Hi there!
    i will get a 360mm rad and i am looking for fans to go with it. i have a 240mm and i cooling a r9 290 and a i5 4460. i am looking for 50-55C under load (on GPU).
    1. what fans do you recommend for a silent rig? (computer is about 40-60cm from me, right by my screen)
    2. what is the difference between the two gentle typhoon fans dazmode has? one is pwm, the other is not, but is the 2.5$ difference for pwm worth it?
    3. i am thinking about the darkside LP360, any objections on that?

The GT's are great fans but I don't think I'd mix a PWM with a normal one. I would just use normal ones and run from a controller.
    That Darkside rad will work great imho.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

what do you mean mix PWM with normal ones?
      Also, i can control the fans' speed from my mobo, so do i get a PWM fan that can get to 550RPM or should i save $2.5 and get the non-PWM ones that run at 900RPM (lowest RPM)? keep in mind that im looking for the quietest setup possible.

Comment

Unless you want it automatically controlled by temperature via 4 pin header then just get 3 pin (non pwm) and save the money. Hooded means he would use one or the other not a mix of pwm and 3 pin. If you are going to run the 360 in conjuction with the 240, any thickness will be more than sufficient. Even just the 360 on its own of any thickness would be more than capable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chann3l View Post
          Unless you want it automatically controlled by temperature via 4 pin header then just get 3 pin (non pwm) and save the money. Hooded means he would use one or the other not a mix of pwm and 3 pin. If you are going to run the 360 in conjuction with the 240, any thickness will be more than sufficient. Even just the 360 on its own of any thickness would be more than capable.
          Agreed, I can say I'm not really a fan of 4 pin at least with my setup. Since the cpu doesn't stay at a constant temp and fluctuate A lot, I can hear my fans switching between different rpms when I don't have my headphones/music play on speakers, pretty annoying. Maybe other hardware choices can prevent this but my motherboards fan control is god aweful for the money I paid for it.
          Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 .:. PSU: Corsair AX760 .:. Mobo: Asus Maximus Gene VI .:. CPU: I5 4670K w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Plexi Water Block .:. Ram: 24gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz .:. GPU: EVGA GTX 780 TI Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block .:. Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb & 1tb SSD .:. Rads: Darkside LPX360 & LP240 .:. Fans: 5x Noctua NF-F12 1x NF-S12A FLX .:. Pump/Res: EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Comment

for as close as your computer is a fan controller would be your best bet if quiet is your main concern. 3 pin would work fine then.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
            X