How to sleeve cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to sleeve cables

Hey guys, I just thought I might start sleeving some cables and I literally have no idea what I need and how it should be done.

I assume that I'll need some sleeving (duh) and some heatshrink for the ends but what else do I need to get to sleeve a few 6/8 pin power cables and quite possibly my front panel wires. I'd like to make them the UV Green if possible since that's what the rest of my build has in it.

young padawan must seek out the teachings of Lutro0

http://www.youtube.com/user/lutro0
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

thank ya

Edit: So after watching those videos I don't really think it's going to be too difficult. Is there any guide where I can find common wire sizes? I'd like to try some SATA cables and some 6/8 pin cables but I'm not sure what size shrink and sleeve to get.
      Last edited by DodFoddler; 01-07-2013, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I use 3/8" | 10mm - Darkside sleeve for my sata cables. 3/8 heatshrink
        5/32" | 4mm - Darkside sleeve for double cables or fan cables 1/4" heatshrink
        5/64" | 2mm - Darkside sleeve for single cables 1/8" heatshrink
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thanks again hooded ... looking at my case and seeing those cables makes me want to get some sleeving and have at it!

Comment

In fuji's words...patience is not a virtue it's a requirement when it comes to sleeving..lol...take your time...have fun!
            CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
            XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Working...
            X