Indigo extreme vs liquid ultra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indigo extreme vs liquid ultra?

I've been using liquid ultra for the last couple years on my cpu and it has been better than anything I have ever used before. With a new buold coming up I'm going to have to order some more. I stumbled across the indigo extreme on the dazmode however and am wondering what it's performance is like vs liquid ultra and if it is even available for haswell-e.

The reason I never jumped on the indigo extreme band wagon was because of the burn in process to set it. Liquid ultra seems to get around that from what I have seen or at least when I looked at it, it wasn't mentioned.
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Izerous View Post
      The reason I never jumped on the indigo extreme band wagon was because of the burn in process to set it. Liquid ultra seems to get around that from what I have seen or at least when I looked at it, it wasn't mentioned.
      Ya I have never had to do any sort of burn in process with liquid ultra. I just visited indigo's site and read about that. Seems like it would cause issue when you have other components in your loop that would also not have any active cooling during the duration of the burn in. Thanks for the info.

Comment

the indigo thermal interface always scared me because of the burn-in process i dont think its an optimal solution for liquid cooled builds.
        The Ultra Fancy Build
        The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
        The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
          the indigo thermal interface always scared me because of the burn-in process i dont think its an optimal solution for liquid cooled builds.
          Ya I'm not sure it's possible with multiple components. They should just throttle to prevent damage but with no heat being taken away at all I'm not so sure they will be protected. Maybe I'll just stick to liquid ultra, it's never failed me.

Comment

Originally posted by Izerous View Post
            Indigo IS a frightening install process. You have to roast the CPU without thermal protection for a few minutes, but it does work and works well. But it's scary. I don't want to change my CPU block EVER, just because I'd have to re-do that process, and I don't want to. No idea how it compares to liquid ultra though.

Comment

Where do you find this liquid ultra stuff ?
              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                Where do you find this liquid ultra stuff ?
                From http://coollaboratory.com/ it works wonders.

If you buy anything there get liquid ultra. Apparently liquid pro is a lot harder to remove. Also works well on GPUs I use it when I had my 290. Just don't get it on anything but the die or ihs, conductive obviously.
                Last edited by Chann3l; 12-08-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X