New Computer Maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer Maybe?

Hey guys, I just figured I was going to sell my beast of a computer because it's too much power for what I'm doing. That and it's a lot of money tied up too.

Anyways I figure it's worth around $2000-$2200, not that old and in amazing shape so I thought I would spend around $1300 on a new one so I'd have some spare cash. I have a CM 690 II case that I would use and there's a few GTX 570's on Kijiji that look good so that would save a bit.

So the question is what would be the best way to go with $1100 (don't need a case or GPU)? I really would like to water cool the CPU with EK clear blocks and I have a few spare parts (tube res and some fittings).

This is all on the condition that I'm able to sell it ... which I really hope happens!

tough call.

can you find a buyer for the whole rig? thats always tough, specially locally.
    otherwise, sell it off peice by peice.

but seriously, just cause its too powerful you want to downgrade, and then add waterblocks?
    seems a little ass backwards to me. unless this is a pure financial decision of course.

put some of your rig with pics up on the BST over here... see if anyone bites?

oh, guess this is your gear here

http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...r-Cooled-Build
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Yeah that's my desktop haha ... and it is mainly a financial decision, I could really .. really use a bit of extra cash.

I would like to water cool it simply because I love tinkering and making my computer my own thing but if it would bump the build cost up significantly I would consider an h100 or something similar.

Comment

lolz. if you need the cash... watercooling is probably not the way to go ... sorry.

surely you could just sell off the x79, cpu and gpu? and rebuild with the blocks you already own?
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Hadn't thought of that haha but I'll put those parts up and see if I can sell them.

Comment

I find you never get any good value for your used parts and always have to sell things cheap, while paying trough the nose for new stuff.

Err... not much help I guess.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

yep. Daz speaks the truth. why its best to hang on to compatible parts if you've already spent dollars.
              unless of course you find a client who's got a gapping wallet...
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Thanks guys, I figure I'll just put 2 ads up, one for the core components and another for the whole desktop. If I can sell it I will otherwise I'll just hang onto it for awhile.

Comment

So there's a really good chance that I'm selling the whole desktop without the water loop in it. Can't say I'm complaining, I'll get to make a new computer and this time I'm sticking with ASUS motherboards because every time I try something else it makes me sad. Plus it'll be watercooled which I really was going to miss.

Anyways just thought I'd let you all know, figured this time I'll get a Corsair C70 (black) case. They look mighty smexy and should be decent for rad capacity.

Comment

I hope it all works out for you.
                    Too powerful for you never enough for me
                    Asus fanboy as well LOL
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Yeah it was more of a money thing which was mainly the 680 being so damn pricey. If I do get a new one I'll get a gene board, same as a maximus just smaller and $100 cheaper and an i7 3770k which should handle anything I throw at it. As for a GPU, I'll just nab a 570 off Kijiji for around $200 which is epic performance for price.

Comment

Yeah, I just switched back to Asus from EVGA. I LOVED my first EVGA board (X58 FTW) after giving them a try from my standard go-to Asus. The EVGA Z77 FTW is a nice looking board, with some great features, and a sweeeeeeet 24-pin connector layout, as well as the GPU aux. power connector options, but it just doesn't compare to the Asus MVE. I shoulda went with my gut and went back to Asus with my latest rig.

Comment

selling parts isnt really viable or a good choice im having trouble selling one of my 680 direct cu top for 420$ shipped (one of them sold though ) lol... luckily thats the last of my parts that need to go

Comment

Yeah not many people will spend $400+ on a graphics card but I really wanted to get rid of X79 chipset and CPU and I'm getting a really fair price for it all so why not.

Comment

Well guys, the computer has sold minus the water parts hence the ad up on the buy and sell. Not sure when I'll be getting a new system since I don't have a job right now and I don't want to spend any money until there's some income.

Comment

Working...
                              X