Asus x99-A - No post. 00 Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus x99-A - No post. 00 Error

Check the video above. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXEE...ature=youtu.be
    So the system has been running for over a month with no issues. Was running perfect last night. Shut it off. Woke up in the morning turned it on and it went straight to 00 error. I've been looking around and and apparently its a CPU error. I just wonder if anyone knows any troubleshooting tips I can try without draining the loop and taking the block off.. I've already checked the 8pin power and the 24pin power. Looks ok. I tried testing each ram slot. I cleared the CMOS. I also removed the battery. Right as soon as I push power Error 00 shows instantly without any other codes.

I can't say for sure what the issue is but google is your friend
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Well I have an update. I picked up another x99-A board and pulled the 5820k out of the system and what would you know it boots. So I guess it was my board that is fried. I guess that's cheaper than buying a new CPU. Still sucks I had to dismantle my system and drain the loop etc.

Comment

Ouch
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Damn ! That sux big time.
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Yeah, I got finally got it all back together and just filled it up. Letting it run all night to get the air out before I start cable management for the 3rd time ... I have no idea what fried the board. it's been working perfect for a month now. Shut it down last night as usual. Started it up today and Q-code error 00 is all it would show. No bios or post codes. Anyway tested the new board out of the case and it booted to windows as usual. Just to see if I was crazy I put everything back into the old board out of the case etc. Started it and it still showed 00 so yeah. That's the culprit $360 later. now let's hope I didn't lose a ton of stuff on my Raid0. Fingers crossed. I did it through windows so I think I can recover it. Same motherboard.

Comment

You should be good with the RAID 0. The raid configuration is stored on the RAID drives themselves so Windows will find them. I have previously installed a new copy of windows on a new drive and it found my previously installed RAID 0. That is one of the benefits of RAID under Windows.

Comment

...why I never turn my PC off.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Pudknocker View Post
                  You should be good with the RAID 0. The raid configuration is stored on the RAID drives themselves so Windows will find them. I have previously installed a new copy of windows on a new drive and it found my previously installed RAID 0. That is one of the benefits of RAID under Windows.
                  Yep. My raid0 is still intact with no issues. Still bleeding the air out though. It's a big relief that it's still there. I had a bunch of video projects filmed on there with no backups :S

Comment

Here is the video of me troubleshooting the issue and figuring out that it was the motherboard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vtEF7t2dJY

Comment

Working...
                    X