Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device Switch ALL LED Lights/FANS On/Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device Switch ALL LED Lights/FANS On/Off?

Hello!

I just purchased my first Darkside Connect LED lights with the optional FAN connection. The LEDs look good and are super bright, though it would be nice to have the ability to turn the LED strip completely OFF or ON. I was planning on buying some more LED strips so the controller would have to have the ability to turn off ~4 strips with the fan connection (or molex if that works).

Any suggestions for a device that could do this?

Thanks!
    -LDC

If motherboard supports voltage regulation you can dim lights with that. Below ~6v they are off.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

A simple fan controller? That's the easiest method IMO. One cheap fan controller + some splitters will fix you right up, assuming you have the bay space for one. Plus it gives you a dimming option too. Just my $0.02CDN.

Comment

Yes, I was testing with a small 3 1/2" Bay Fan Controller last night, the LED's only DIM High or Low --they do not turn off with this fan controller -- I am looking to have a switch or device to turn all the LED's OFF OR ON Not sure if DAZMODE sells one??

I can see if my MOBO supports voltage regulation for the fan, though i was trying some software last night for controlling fan speeds which did not seem to work.

Comment

Ahh, that stinks. This is why I prefer Sunbeam fan controllers. They're old, cheap as heck, and you can drop the voltage down to zero. Most controllers only drop the voltage down to 40% minimum or something like that, which is annoying (and useless) in this case. My bad, I should have mentioned this! If you can eBay a Sunbeam 3x30W or 6x30W controller, it won't cost much (maybe $10 for the 3 channel or $20 for the 6 channel).

Comment

I found a solidly rated one, not too bad in price, solid construction as well, with OFF/LOW/HIGH toggles .. I think this might fit the bill

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16811997017

Comment

An excellent choice
              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
              X