Advice on new setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on new setup

Hey all, new to here and liquid cooling but already impressed with some of the answers I have seen.

Looking for some help on a setup. I have seen pictures of CPU components laid out in a table top and fell in love with it, so guess what. This leads to a lot of question, please be patient.

I have added a picture of the setup which I would like create. I know it is overkill for my current setup (i7 @ 3.4GHz 3770 and MSI NVIDIA Twin Frozr), but I am planning to expand to dual video cards and overclocked CPU in the future.

I have some questions on different components. Part placement can change and suggestions would be great. Internally the desk will be 8" or 203mm deep and 5' x 2'. As you can see I am also big on symmetry.

1. Is there an issue using two radiators in the current configuration? I know a single core would do, but eventually want to cool the CPU and two video cards.
    2. i would imagine that hard tubing is the way to go?
    3. Planning to use the DarkSide Visual Flow Indicator with RPM Sensor. Anything better?
    4. Would like to change at least 2 of the reservoirs to triple tubes in parallel but cannot find a T-Connector.
    5. Best pump and reservoir for the setup. Combo? Wanted to use Aurora 2 Blue coolant, so I imagine flow is important for effect.
    6. Planning on using colour changing LED strips, so the fans should not have LEDs.
    7. Would like a temperature sensor and display. Possible Alphacool - Liquid temperature sensor G1/4 with C/F Gauge-Style Display.
    8. Is there a problem mounting the fans on the other side of the wall to pull through the radiators?
    9.A fan control module would be great. Ideas?

Thanks for you time.

RidilenClick image for larger version

Name:	DESK1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	79857Click image for larger version

Name:	DESK2.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	79858
    Last edited by Ridilen; 07-02-2016, 01:54 PM.

Maybe you could label what your doing in the pic, see the rads, pump I think?, are the 60 x 270 res's? and you want 4?
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Ridilen

There is no problem using 2 or more radiators in a loop. Many of us run 3 or more. Rad overkill is a great way to have a quiet cool system.
      I prefer hard tube as well. However plan for a method to be able to drain and fill system. It's not a case so you can't really roll it about.
      DarkSide Visual Flow Indicator with RPM Sensor. I would just get the one without the sensor, if you can see it's spinning then your good. If you want detail about flow then get a real flow sensor like one of the Koolance or Aqua Computer ones. A lot more cash but has real info.
      Using Aurora fluid in reservoirs laying on they're side won't work. The Aurora perl effect requires you creating a cyclone/whirlpool in your tube res. this requires a vertical install. Also Aurora is a show liquid not an every day coolant. It can also be very hard to clean out of a loop after wards.
      RGB LED's are all the rage this year. Lights on fans would be ok if they too were RGB.
      Therer should be no problem mounting fans on the other side of our wall. The wall should act like a shroud some what improving airflow area across the rad, improving performance.
      Fan controllers a full blown Lamptron - FC5 V2 4-Channel Watercooling Fan Controller - 30W - Black I also like the Phantek's fan hub if you wish to control via your motherboard.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Hooded speaks the truth.

A serious venture indeed will this prove to be.
        If you build it... we will watch in awe,
        especially if you post some build log pics!!

support you we can!
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Have thought about doing a simular setup, is going to be an expensive project . Lian-li has a couple desks made specifically for this if you like the looks of them.
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
            Ridilen

There is no problem using 2 or more radiators in a loop. Many of us run 3 or more. Rad overkill is a great way to have a quiet cool system.
            I prefer hard tube as well. However plan for a method to be able to drain and fill system. It's not a case so you can't really roll it about.
            DarkSide Visual Flow Indicator with RPM Sensor. I would just get the one without the sensor, if you can see it's spinning then your good. If you want detail about flow then get a real flow sensor like one of the Koolance or Aqua Computer ones. A lot more cash but has real info.
            Using Aurora fluid in reservoirs laying on they're side won't work. The Aurora perl effect requires you creating a cyclone/whirlpool in your tube res. this requires a vertical install. Also Aurora is a show liquid not an every day coolant. It can also be very hard to clean out of a loop after wards.
            RGB LED's are all the rage this year. Lights on fans would be ok if they too were RGB.
            Therer should be no problem mounting fans on the other side of our wall. The wall should act like a shroud some what improving airflow area across the rad, improving performance.
            Fan controllers a full blown Lamptron - FC5 V2 4-Channel Watercooling Fan Controller - 30W - Black I also like the Phantek's fan hub if you wish to control via your motherboard.
            Thanks Hooded for the answers. To bad about the liquid, but understood. I will look into the controller, definitely going with RGB LEDs.

I did two layouts now. I love the parallel tubes, what do you think. Problem is the fittings will cost a small fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
              Have thought about doing a simular setup, is going to be an expensive project . Lian-li has a couple desks made specifically for this if you like the looks of them.
              I found those desks last night by accident. They do look like great desks, building the desk looks to be the easiest and cheapest part.

Now to find the money.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DESK2.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	77065Click image for larger version

Name:	DESK1.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	77066

Don't know what happened guys can't see my original post. Adding the pictures again.

Comment

Post restrictions on your first few posts would imagine...
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

The edit caused the post to require moderation.
                    All good now.
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
                    X