CPU Frequency Going Schitzoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Frequency Going Schitzoid

Well fellow water-mates i have discovered a problem with my CPU. In the last few days; whenever I've tried to load an O/C profile from the ASUS AI Suite, the PC has either frozen or BSOD on me.

I could figure what was happening (as I had always been able to load one of the profiles prior to this); the frequency will constantly vary from 866 MHz to the default 3684 MHz.

So figured I would take a short video of AI Suite, so all of you can see what I see...

and maybe come up with a possible reason for this sudden change in my CPU frequencies.
    AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Did you try to have resource monitor open to see whats using the CPU?
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Is this at Idle process? show us your CPU-Z as well.

but basically, I've never been a fan of the Asus Suite.
      only had limited success with it, and it always made the VCores silly high.

when you CMOS clear just use the bios.. its the same, but better.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Are you running the Latest BIOS and the Latest AI Suite?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/SABE...rt_Download_30
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Skype seems to use the most, but it's only averaging just over 10% of CPU usage...this is most puzzling
          AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

here is the link for CPU-Z http://valid.canardpc.com/2693701

As for BIOS version and AI Suite version, both are up to date.

Will try loading BIOS defaults and get back to you all

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
              Is this at Idle process? show us your CPU-Z as well.

but basically, I've never been a fan of the Asus Suite.
              only had limited success with it, and it always made the VCores silly high.

when you CMOS clear just use the bios.. its the same, but better.
              Thanks for the tip (about clearing CMOS through the main BIOS) bungwirez...don't know exactly what i had adjusted previously, but all seems to be back to normal

Comment

software overclocking always seemed a little buggy to me ....freezing

disable cpu throttling.......who needs power saving lol

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                  software overclocking always seemed a little buggy to me ....freezing

disable cpu throttling.......who needs power saving lol
                  After loading "Optimized" BIOS settings; the only things I did afterwards, was to load standard settings ( e.g. DRAM Timing Control - 2T [ instead of 1T] )...those sorts of things.

I've never had a problem with O/Cing with AI Suite (up until recently), will give it another shot this afternoon and see what transpires.

Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                  X