aqualis connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aqualis connection

placing my order with daz and have a question in regards to the aqualis connections that are recessed and close together in that what fittings are best to get me out of these recessed close in/outs.

A 16mm od g1/4 bitspower fitting wont thread in all the way on either but is 2mm clearance between the 2 fittings am a little worried that male/female extensions may be too big also on this puppy, bitspower has no dimensions on the fittings outside diameter

c-c is 1"

recessed area width is 7/8" wide 1/4" deep idea this is the thumb shaped recess area you see around the in/out

this is the fitting link https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc..._-_matt_black/
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

The bitspower/darkside extensions are 18mm across, which was enough to get them onto a really small chipset block for my last build. If the 16mm OD fittings fit next to each other I would go with the EK spacers, they are as tiny as you can get for a fitting and should be just tall enough to clear the recess.

Ek extenders:
    https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...socket-nickel/

Although I would like to think EK are the only jackholes that make it so you have to use their brand of fitting or it will leak.

on contemplation, 1/4" is 6mm+ meaning you need a longer than 6mm extension. Doesn't look that deep on the pic, did you mean 1/8"? I hate fractions. but I think any regular extension would be fine.
    Last edited by Necrodead; 08-20-2016, 08:43 PM.
    My Imgur

Comment

ya it might be only a 1/8" (1/4" may have been overstated) recess 7/8" wide my 16mm od fittings are pretty wide say compared to the 90.
      Blackout
      Something-New
      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I just went and found the schematic for a barrow fitting (they are identical to bitspower, I measured all the fittings I have to make sure)

But its funny the Chinese make one of these but I can't find bitspower schematics anywhere.

Looking at the cutout I would say you could even fit some fat 12mm OD hard tube fittings, they are 20mm across.
        My Imgur

Comment

Off topic side note this ice dragon been using for a long time now just striped the pump res all the adapter bases completely apart everything is like brand new still no build up narly things, nothing at inside this setup. Small amount of ID still left is all.

Am impressed...
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Ya use only 16mm here on these cases 12 is to small imho. Is cool the chinese measured the bitspower before copying it.. lol ya couldn't find any detail on the extender and usually bitspower is the best for that.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

As per the test of fittings on my Aqualis all BP and Darkside male female extensions work just fine. The 12mm compression fittings work without extender.
              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thx Hooded, got my order in, just one male/female extension I needed, was getting excited for nothing all connection have worked out, well at least I hope so not positive ordered enough 90's.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Case mounting your aqualis how did ya do that Hooded?
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I haven't as yet. They are for my SMA8 build which I need to start soon
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
                    X