Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Cooling setup question, Crystal link and trifire setup

Hi

my new setup will start very soon and i have 2 question before ordering more watercooling parts

first

there is a picture of a setup i found on the web to explain my question
    by the way really nice rig

First question

look the red arrow on the pictures,, i will do a crystal link setup like this one
    my question is, with the pressure of the pump, and we know crystal link fiting dosnt lock, do you think they have a chance the tube try to push out the 90 degre fitting like the red arrow?????

second question, if i go with parallele GPU setup, can i use inlet and oulet on the same side (red circle) instead of inlet on one side and outlet on other side? (blue Circle)

why: already did a hole in the bootom plate (fan Cover)for the left inlet on bottom card and i dont want do do another hole in another fan cover

thanks

I not sure if I fully understand your first question but in regards to question two if doing parallel you have to exit opposite side otherwise no fluid at all will flow through the cards. Think about a single card even entering and exiting on the same side would mean no flow at all through the card.
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Comment

thanks for question 2

question one

crystal link fiting dont lock the crystal link tube, you only push tube in the fiting, the fintting have 2 ring seal,
      if you take the 90 degre fiting on the picture (the one beside the red arrow) and pull it to the back or to the bottom, you will slide out of the tube
      my question is, the pump power is enought to dismantle by itself the tube from the fitting?

my flow came from the bottom to the top

Comment

I don't think there will be a problem as long as you choose the correct length of crystal.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

I can't see it pushing it out, there'd need to be a lot of force I would think as that elbow would provide plenty of stability.

Comment

im using the freser ones there not as nice but basicly same idea, they never have leaked once or even shown any sign of it. once they sit for abit it becomes a little more solid feeling.

its a very tight compression feeling

Comment

could try honing off the inside edge for less resistance

I can see its going to be challenge to get things installed

Comment

I would see how tight link is sitting in rubber o-rings and they would do a call.

I'd rather try to ruin one by heating and bending it than using setup above, although.
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I also would try to bend pipe by filling with sand ( so it does not kink ) and heating with blow dryer. Click image for larger version

Name:	paralelle_zps5ab7a147.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	74994
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Also, why not to use angled fittings on both ends and have straight crystal link?
                    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                    Venom Build: Build Log,
                    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                    Orange Build: Final Video
                    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                      I also would try to bend pipe by filling with sand ( so it does not kink ) and heating with blow dryer. [ATTACH=CONFIG]994[/ATTACH]
                      I search for a 12mm (1/2") OD acrylic tubing in canada but unable to find
                      From usa, but shipping is a joke
                      I will stay with crystal link

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                      Also, why not to use angled fittings on both ends and have straight crystal link?
                      Its an option, but try to have only vertical and horizontal line

I will try both for sure
                      Anyway i need to order some angle and spacer, another order for the caselab giveway

Comment

Brechan posted a video somewhere here on the forum where the guy uses 90ยบ fittings with the crystal link. I wouldn't be worried if you used the c47 fittings with the double o-rings it shouldn't be a problem The fluid flows through there is very little pressure unless the is a blockage. You need to push on something to create pressure. The force created from the flow of the fluid is very slight.
                        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Here is a place in Ontario that you can order Acrylic Tube you need to send them an e-mail to get a quote.
                          http://parkerplastics.ca/products/pl...materials.html and another
                          http://www.polyzone.com/acrylic-clear-tube
                          Last edited by Hooded; 02-21-2013, 02:09 AM.

Comment

I have a plastics supplier that I deal with quite often, I could drop by tomorrow and see how much it is, question though. Is od exactly 1/2 inch or is it 12 or 13 mm ?
                            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

On the parralle loop question must disagree with Izerous, sorry bud.
                              In my mind the tube will work more like a pipe header would work. Your pump will easily fill all the cards and flow. fairly evenly among them. Once the fluid comes out of the cards opposite port what difference would it make to flow up or down. None because it's a closed loop.

Here is a link to EK-Triple Parralel Bridge install manual that shows what flows will work. So what snef wants todo will be just fine.
                              Last edited by Hooded; 02-21-2013, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X