Size difference between Darkside CONNECT & CONNECT G2 Strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size difference between Darkside CONNECT & CONNECT G2 Strips

I'm trying to find some LED strips, and in my experience, these Darkside are the best I've used and have the most installation options. From what I was reading, the newer G2 strips are a slight bit smaller in size than the original strips. Can anyone tell me the width of the newer CONNECT G2 strips vs the original strips (I can't find any information regarding the width anywhere on the website)?

Also, when viewing the different Darkside strips available, there was a link to the page listing all the different types of CONNECT power options available for the G2 strips. Does this mean the G2 strips use a different CONNECT wiring system than the original CONNECT strips? I wouldn't think the connections between the two would be different, but if they weren't different, why would there be 2 different pages listing the connection options for the G2 strips and the original strips? I just want to make sure if I order a bunch of the G2 strips that the CONNECT cables I currently have are going to work with them. Thanks!

Get the info from the man himself.

Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

All single color led are 5mm wide, rgb are 8mm wide.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks Daz, that's what I needed to know. Are there any CONNECT options available that will power these strips from an Aqua Computer Farbwerk controller? The Farbwerk is designed to work with common anode LED strips, but instead of buying a roll of the cheap flexible RGB LED strips, which always lose their adhesive and never stay connected if using the different types of connectors to attach multiple strips, I would rather use 2 Farbwerk controllers (which will power 8 strips) and put the Darkside strips in multiple places inside my case. I'm just not sure if the Darkside strips are designed so they will work with the Farbwerk. Does anyone know?

I've already purchased many of the Darkside individual LEDs, which I'm using to illuminate my nickel + plexi waterblocks, and I purchased one of Aqua Computer's new Splitty adapter so I can run all the single color LEDs to the Splitty and control the brightness of all of them by connecting the Splitty to a Poweradjust Ultra. I just need to figure out if the Darkside RGB strips will work with a Farbwerk controller because I would much rather use the Darkside LEDs than the cheap flexible strips. I'm sure I'm not the only to try this. Thanks a lot for the information.

Comment

Working...
        X