Phobya pwm 4x8 fan splitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phobya pwm 4x8 fan splitter

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this fan splitter? https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...-splitter-pcb/ I just installed it and all the fans just running at full speed. Using Corsair SP120 fans which work flawlessly with a a cable type splitter.

I use the four fan version and it works fine if you setup the fan header properly via the bios or if you use some fan controller software.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I also had the same problem. Make sure you hook it up to the cpu 4 pin header. It won't work on the other motherboard headers

Comment

Damn, that's crazy!! I'll give it a try.

Comment

Ok, that seems to be the issue. These pcb board fan splitters can only be used with the cpu fan header for some reason.

Comment

You could probably also use the the cpu opt 1 header but you'll have ti go through the bios to set it at one speed

Comment

It's a PWM splitter, which means that it needs a fan header that supplies it a PWM signal. Some fan headers are 4-pin and don't provide this, which I found on the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC I used to have, which can be confusing, so the CPU header, and usually the OPT (Optional CPU) fan headers are the best bet.

And (obviously) it needs 4 pin PWM fans, which you seem to have covered here. Glad you got it sorted out.
              DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Working...
              X