Stinger z97 board shot? Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinger z97 board shot? Need advice

Just finished my lil Caselabs bullet bh4 build and today after changing fluid color I was taking pics and the darkside led unstuck from case fell down and tapped the underside of motherboard right near the Cpu fan header. I didn't hear a pop or smell anything the PC just turned off.

And unfortunately it won't turn back on. So far in my experience with pcs I haven't had any real trouble I could not figure out. My guys saying the boards shot and that really bums me out. But the lights on the mobo light up when psu is on the gpus light up and when I hit the button the psu clicks but nothing happens.

I've turned off psu unplugged it and let it sit. I've disconnected psu Completly and hook up my Evga 850 no luck. Cleared cmos no luck?

Any other advice no visible burn marks or damage can be seen on backside of board.

Gonna really suck to have to pull her all apart and find another board. Maybe rma will work at worst

Any advice would be great

More messing around finds that when I put a jumper 24pin on my mobo psu cAble the psu doesn't turn on so hopefully it's in the psu or the 24pin cable perhaps? It's a sfx corsair 600

Comment

This is why a PSU tester is a good investment
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

yep. Dr.Power. especially if you do custom sleeves and what not.

on the good side, PSU is easier to replace.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

so far I've done the following.

cleared cmos

I've also disconnected everything from my sfx psu and hooked up my evga 850 same thing nothing so i think the PSU is out.

could my cpu been damaged? i got the ok for a RMA for the motherboard from evga but pulling this hole thing apart prematurely doesn't sound fun if i can trouble shoot this. whats the best thing to do start with the cpu power and motherboard power and go from there. how do you test the cpu other than putting another in? oh the joys of water-cooling it was working perfect too :/

i noticed when i hook up the 24 pin jumper on my corsair sfx psu the fan doesn't come on i do get power to my aquaero 6 though.

Comment

could a sleeved extension be the culprit? like i said the psu just clicks at startup and nothing happen

Comment

even though the evga 850 i tried didn't seem to work the weird thing is if i hook up the 24 pin jumper cable unhook everything from the sfx psu and only the 24pin mobo with jumper and a peripheral for a fan the fan doesn't run and the psu makes the same click noise so I'm hoping its the psu. I'm gonna pick one up today at frys worth 100 bucks to test out and go from there

Comment

Yes, bad extension may trigger PSu shutdown.
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

well I'm getting confused. so far my corsair psu doesn't work if i just plug it in jump the 24 mobo cable and put a fan to it nothing. my evga does work. but i noticed that as soon as i plug in cpu 8 pin it kicks out ( so obviously no boot up) but its telling me its somewhere on the board still plus i have a bad psu from the incident. so for starters I'm gonna buy a new psu and i guess rma the motherboard.

Comment

i hope its not the cpu but then again my luck it may be

Comment

I'm so confused just bought another corsair sf600 sfx psu plug it into my garage with just fan hooked up to perif. Works turn psu off turn it back on doesnt work.

Take old sf600 hook it up works think wth try it in house doesn't work. Take it outside doesn't work. Evga works all the time. But doesn't boot system.

Why would the corsair psu be going into protection mode when I'm just using it to test perifs? I'm sure if I leave it be I'll come back and they will work but what's tripping them not to. This is making the trial and error of figuring out if it's the mobo or Cpu very hard cause there's so much contradictive things going on.

Comment

Working...
                      X