I Really Badly Need People's help :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Really Badly Need People's help :(

Hello guys, hope everyone is doing great today.

I need a little help from you guys, I recently bought a TFC - Triebwerk fan (http://www.dazmode.com/store/product..._215cfm_65dba/).

But I have a problem with this fan since it is not working with my PSU and I cant seem to figure out why

I have an Ultra X3 1000W Power Supply which i tried hooking the fan directly to using the molex connector, but it just jerks a little and doesnt fully work. I am using a Maximus V Formula board and tried connecting to a fan header there, but still same result. I have a Phantom 820 case which comes with fan controllers and I tried using one of those fan Controllers and still same response. The fan jerks a little once every 5-8 seconds but it doesnt spin fully and properly.

I was gonna use 3 of these with a 30FPI Koolance rad but I only ordered one to see how it is, but its just not working

If someone knows about my PSU, Case and Mobo please respond since I am running out of ideas now.

Thanks for the Help in advance

prolly your molex rail isn't providing sufficient power. same with the mobo header.

best advice... grab a better fan controller ... I think the Bitfenix Recon?

if I recall, Hoody uses these fans?
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

The only time I had issues with them not spinning up was when I tried using an inappropriate fan controller. So I'm at a loss at to why yours in not working on a molex connection unless the fan itself is faulty.
      Corsair 800D
      2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
      Software Developer

Comment

sounds like a dead spot on the coil

Comment

I hope this will furthur explain the problem.

This however WAS taken with a 750W PSU at my brothers Computer but the EXACT same thing is happening to me with my PSU.

Please ignore the background noise and my hairy arm :p

Comment

I hope this will furthur explain the problem.

This however WAS taken with a 750W PSU at my brothers Computer but the EXACT same thing is happening to me with my PSU.

Please ignore the background noise and my hairy arm :p

Comment

Faulty fan unless your psu croaked, try another fan hooked up to the psu and see if it works. If not, it is your psu and if it does work then the tribeworks is faulty.
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I am running 10 fans on this PSU already here man :p I am upgrading my build its not a new build, like stephan said its probabally a dead spot on the coil !! Gonna send it back for replacement !!
                Last edited by coldbloded; 02-22-2013, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Yup RMA time.
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jJgv5meh8

This might help understand the situation even better !!

Comment

h*tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jJgv5meh8

This might help understand the situation even better !!

Comment

is the whole batch like that?
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

I only bought one, I was planning to buy another one today or tomorrow. But thats gonna be put on hold for a bit due to this one !!

Comment

sorry about your luck...

I'm using the http://www.dazmode.com/store/product/tfc_-_triebwerk_55
                            mm_optimized_radiator_fan_shroud_61cfm_21db/

max 1200rpm.
                            makes a nice balance in heat dissipation and low noise. never had a problem with em!
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

Well it's definitely not working like it should.
                              The TFC should run with 6 volts. If it's not running like it should it's RMA time. I have a few of the model TK -123 and they are running great. I prefer the quieter version though model TK-121.
                              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
                              X