EK Predator 240 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peanut_316 View Post
    ok ok got home.....took this shit apart....repasted...refilled for round 2....tighten that mono on super tight screws have no play what so ever...stole the mosfet backplate from my x99 mosfet block....results same...lower turn on though 37c....prime95 100% load 87-89 so better...lga2011 is hot to cool i guess....ill have to clean dirt / dust from the 900D and everything goes back in it.....sigh....enormous ass 900d why'd i buy it...sigh....roomy though...placing this predator in ethoo primo pro M....KUDOs to the builders that fit 1 triple and 1 double rad in here haha...that shits tight haha...
    Have you tried something else than Prime95? Something like Aida64. Prime is now known to not be the best with the newer CPU.
    Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
    Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
    Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
    Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
    Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
    Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

In fact newer versions of prime95(newer than 26.x? I think?) will draw way more power on intel chips and can be destructive to them. Advise strongly not to use it, for intel I like to use intel extreme tuning utility. Its probably only the fact that you have liquid cooling that has saved your cpu from prime95.
      My Imgur

Comment

ya aida64 for testing on intel or as necro mentioned intel extreme, believe aida64 is free though not positive, think I bought one, can't remember lol.
        Prime screams your voltage.
        Even try some gaming will see a real world temp, use a cpu intensive game obviously.

U should be in the low 30's or even lower idle, and 50-60 loaded maybe with a dual rad. Fans what speed u running them at? Should be around a 1000 rpm.
        Last edited by nass; 10-13-2016, 10:12 PM.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
        X