No announcement yet.

Black Ice Res?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah true but I think that 2 240mm would be more than enough for a 3570k and a 580 ... please correct me if I'm wrong but I just want what I need because I don't plan on expanding.

Comment

I think 2 240's for your CPU and GPU would work perfectly. The only problem is sticking to the "I don't plan on expanding" plan!! I told that to myself (and the wife) and it didn't work out that way! Now I have 2 360's (only one installed so far) to cool a core i7 870 (1156 socket) and 2 GTX 560Ti 448's. Total overkill for stock running CPU and GPU's in a basement with 17 degree C ambient temps! Thankfully the wife doesn't know about that last sentence!
      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Hahah well my budget doesn't allow for any expansions for a long long time so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I wouldn't have WC my GPU but Canada is selling some 580s with waterblocks for a good price so I'm getting one. It'll take some time to get it all together but hopefully it will work out.

What I plan on getting is:

i5 3570k
        Asus P8Z77-V LK
        C70 Black or Shinobi XL Black Window
        GTX 580
        XFX Full Modular 750W
        8GB Ripjaws X RAM
        2 240 rads or 1 240 and 1 360 (I already own a 240 so may as well use it)
        Some blue led fans

If you see any problems there let me know ... I think it's all quite good.

Comment

um... I'm getting 2x360 rads in my C70. but I don't know if I'll keep it this way or not.
          I'll try and put up some pics in the AM... did mean I had to tear out ALL the drive bays, but pfffttt.
          Drive bays are for squids.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Lol I'd prefer not to mod, I literally have no tools and nowhere to work.
            I'm thinking 2 240s will just have to be enough ... oh and a 120 on the back forgot to mention that

Comment

Originally posted by DodFoddler View Post
              Lol I'd prefer not to mod, I literally have no tools and nowhere to work.
              I'm thinking 2 240s will just have to be enough ... oh and a 120 on the back forgot to mention that
              That`s tons of cooling for that combination, just match the fans to the fin-count on the rads. Basic rule of thumb 8 - 12 fins per inch require 700 - 1200 rpm fans--- up to 20 fins per you should use 1800 rpm and any finer fin count should use 2000 - 3000 rpm. Try to find the fans with the most pressure and reasonably quiet would be a bonus.
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I've been using the stock XSPC fans on my EX240 and they work pretty well. I bought some of those cheap cougar fans and they are 1200RPM. They don't do that great of a job but the difference is like 2-3C.

Anyways I'll look for some good fans but I'd rather get cheap ones and use the extra money to get a better motherboard.

Comment

Take a look at Coolermaster R4 fans, they are actually pretty good and very quiet.
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Yeah I've had on and off luck with those, seems like some are awesome and others are a bit noisier haha.

I'll probably get a few of these: http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/23.../COOLERMASTER/

But the first item on the list is going to be that 580 ... then cpu/mobo then some ram and finally a psu ... I have a friend who has everything but 1155 cpu and motherboard so I'll use his parts to make sure everything works.
                    Last edited by DodFoddler; 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DodFoddler View Post
                      I've been using the stock XSPC fans on my EX240 and they work pretty well. I bought some of those cheap cougar fans and they are 1200RPM. They don't do that great of a job but the difference is like 2-3C.

Anyways I'll look for some good fans but I'd rather get cheap ones and use the extra money to get a better motherboard.
                      the pmw version of the cougar fans is 1500rpm. that why i got them and made adj to the connector for my fan controller
                      Orange GT Build
                      Orange V8 GT Build
                      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

I was thinking of making a mITX build but it quickly became apparent that an ATX build is only a tiny bit more and there's tons more rad room!

Comment

Working...
                        X