Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wich pump compression ring to use with bitspower dual D5 top ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wich pump compression ring to use with bitspower dual D5 top ?

Hello
    i bought this product used from another forum :
    https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...ylic_version_/

It came also with ONE D5 pump and one "bitspower D5 pump moding kit" : https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...abrasive_blue/

I bought another D5 new at dazmode store.

now when i try to attach the first pump (with the bitspower pump mod) , all is fine, the compression ring fits nicely

but When i try to atach the second pump with the stock compression ring, it doesn't work, the compression ring seem to not fit the tread size of the bitspower top

Is a "bitspower D5 pump moding kit" mandatory in this situation ? I have read articles about the dual pump top and nobody mentioned this !
    I thought the pmp moding kit was here for looks only... i don't care much about looks. I just want something efficient and secure wich works.

so main question is do i really have to buy this https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...abrasive_blue/
    it's 70$CAD+tax+shipping my god

It should work with the stock nut. Did you try your compression ring from the BP mod kit on both the pump mounting ports?
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Hello Hooded, thanks for your answer

I tried the two stock nuts on both mounting ports
      I also tried the barrow pump moding kit i have in the closet ( this one )

only the bitspower nut works, and yes i tried it on both mounting ports, it fits nicely
      I looked at the threading of the nuts and they look the same. Maybe there is differences i can't see with naked eye I don't know

I may try to forcefully screw the nut, but i think the plexi will crack

Comment

I would take a closer look at the nut that has come with your new D5.
        Does the BP Nut fit on the default D5 top that came with your new D5 pump.
        Sounds like the default D5 nut is some how damaged. Can you see an marks or feel anything unusual on the default nut.
        I would be more inclined to get a spare D5 nut and top kit as it will be the cheapest route.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
          I would take a closer look at the nut that has come with your new D5.
          Does the BP Nut fit on the default D5 top that came with your new D5 pump.
          Sounds like the default D5 nut is some how damaged. Can you see an marks or feel anything unusual on the default nut.
          I would be more inclined to get a spare D5 nut and top kit as it will be the cheapest route.
          I think you are right Hooded, just put one of my BP mod kits on a stock D5 top and it is perfect. Sounds like there is a problem with the thread on the stock D5 nut.
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Working...
          X