Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to upgrade res/pump to Bits power need info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to upgrade res/pump to Bits power need info!

Hello Forum.

I am wanting to upgrade from my xspc photon and require some good advice. I was looking at the Bitspower D5 upgrade kit and noticed that there may be a typo. on the black pom option the tube is labeled as a 150 on the 250 kit option.
    Now seeing as I may not need the stand and the single hole cap piecing this out leaves me with a few questions.

1. On the adapter bottom plate BP-DSRAP-BK does this come with that stop plug for the outlet back into the res "it's the clear one"?

2. Do you require the anti cyclonic fitting for the intake? BP-MBWP-C46

3. The last question I have is will the stock clamp nut that comes with the D5 varios be to big if I wanted to mount in on the wall of the case with these BP-TBC4-BK. What I mean is will it stick out further then the clamps clearance against the wall.

4. I'm pretty sure this is an opinion related question but do you require this BP-WTP-C17, or is this purely for show?

Thanks for all the advice on this!

Originally posted by machiningguy View Post
    1. On the adapter bottom plate BP-DSRAP-BK does this come with that stop plug for the outlet back into the res "it's the clear one"?
    No it does not.
    2. Do you require the anti cyclonic fitting for the intake? BP-MBWP-C46
    You can use one but it's not required
    3. The last question I have is will the stock clamp nut that comes with the D5 varios be to big if I wanted to mount in on the wall of the case with these BP-TBC4-BK. What I mean is will it stick out further then the clamps clearance against the wall.
    Yes the stock nut would hit the wall of the case if your using the tube res mounts to attach the pump and top to the wall of the case.
    Use this one https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...ower-d5-stand/
    or this one https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/d5-factory-top/ would work. you could add some shim behind the tub res mounts it you wish to go that route.
    4. I'm pretty sure this is an opinion related question but do you require this BP-WTP-C17, or is this purely for show?
    The BP-WTP-C17 is not absolutely required. But with out it you can't form an air lock in your res, which holds fluid in you loop when it's higher than your res without back flow while filling.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

A true beacon of knowledge Hooded.
      Last edited by machiningguy; 10-23-2016, 02:01 PM.

Comment

The clear plug your seeing in the pics is used to plug the outlet port in the Bitspower pump top. The Bitspower D5 tops have two outlet ports and 1 inlet port. The clear plug goes in the outlet port on the top of the pump top. This increases the efficacy of the pump top by reducing areas that can cause cavitation.
        Bitpower does hace a D5 plug set some where but I can't remember exactly where.

This D5 Upgrade Kit manual is helpful
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I now see that daz is sold out.
          Once again thanks hooded

Comment

Working...
          X