Ryzen temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen temps

Hey just wondering if these temps are in the correct range or correct at all. I am using HW monitor for package temps, and gigabyte utility for core. All stock clocks. Seems though core temps are roughly 10 degrees lower than package. Something isn't right though as the ambient temp in here is 24.7C, yet core Idle is 22C ? Anyways, under Real Temp Stress test I have seen package temps as high as 50.4C, so 40.4C for core, is that acceptable? Are there any other programs I could use for temp monitoring that will give me a more accurate reading, if in fact these are incorrect? I know there is Ryzen master, but not sure if it will conflict with Gigabyte Easy Tune.

AMD doesn't use temperature elements it uses a formula of some kind. Always been the down fall of AMD processors. Only 1/2 ways accurate reading is on the package. Ryzen won't report on each core.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I only go by the package temp, and with me (I know it is supposed to be fixed) but HW monitor reports a +20C variance over bios and Ryzen Master. Right now the only for sure way to monitor your temp is Ryzen Master. But like Hooded said, all temps reported on AMD cpu's are only a mathematical formula that uses TDP and other elements to 'guess' what the temp is.

TJmax for Ryzen is 95C, however I believe this is with the 20C offset so I'm assuming 75C if you read from Ryzen Master or other utility that matches Ryzen Master.
      My Imgur

Comment

Just installed Ryzen Master.. reports the same as HW for package.

Comment

Okay so something really strange happened. I was using Ryzen Master to monitor temps while stress testing with Real Bench, and for a split second the temps jumped to 206.5C!!!!!!!! Is that even possible? Surely I couldn't have screwed up that bad with applying thermal compound. I used Gelid extreme with line method in the direction of the die. I know it's thick and doesn't spread easily, do you think I didn't manage to cover enough? I have been trying to replicate the reading but it hasn't done it... freaky glitch?!

Comment

I wouldn't trust Ryzen Master as far as I could throw it. Ditched that crap long ago. Gutternutz, that's a glitch and obviously incorrect, so don't sweat it. Monitoring Ryzen is like hemorrhoids, pain in the arse! I trust almost nothing except the very latest beta versions of HWinfo64, and even that I take with a grain of salt.

Comment

It was just an error in the math, like we said its not the real temp just a forumla, so for a split second there was a random number in there and it gave that huge result. You probably wouldn't see it in most other monitoring programs because the tick happened too fast for them to register.
              My Imgur

Comment

Working...
              X