Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the parts that come in the triple darkside kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the parts that come in the triple darkside kit?

I had looked at both making a kit on my own, and the pre-assembled darkside triple rad kits. But the premade kit was over $100 cheaper. Aside from some small things, the only thing I could think of that made the difference was the lump, I chose a d5 and the kit came with a ddc. But there's no way a d5 pump, that only costs $100 on its own is what's making the difference.

Does someone know all of the parts individually that come with the kit that would make up that huge difference in price?

Most of the cost savings in the kit comes from the ddc res pump top combo. The res and pump top is not available by it's self, so you need to buy something else. The res in the kit is a 55mm dia res. most BP and ek res are 60mm. D5, D5 pump top and res kit could easily run up a hundred dollar difference.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      Most of the cost savings in the kit comes from the ddc res pump top combo. The res and pump top is not available by it's self, so you need to buy something else. The res in the kit is a 55mm dia res. most BP and ek res are 60mm. D5, D5 pump top and res kit could easily run up a hundred dollar difference.
      Seriously? Wow they really do save money....

I guess a better questions is will the pump be good enough to run both the kit, and a GPU block? Or am I better off buying a EK S360 kit?

Comment

The DDC would have no problem at all running both kit and block (CPU,GPU blocks)

Comment

The DDC would have no problem at all running both kit and block (CPU,GPU blocks)
          Thanks for the input. I'm new to this so I honestly still don't know the difference between DDC and D5. I've read some posts, basically D5 has beter flow and is quiter, DDC has better pressure but is louder.

But is that really all there is to it? If it's slightly louder, I'll just get a case to that can block out the noise. As long as it can do the job, though if it sounds like a jet engine then I might reconsider.

Comment

D5 is quieter yes. but if you run you DDC off a fan controller then you can make it silent as well. Needs to be well mounted
            DDC has a higher backpressure than D5 allowing you to push a better flow through a more restrictive loop. D5 will move more volume than a DDC..
            However both pumps are great for water cooling. I have 4 of each of the pumps.

Comment

D5 is quieter yes. but if you run you DDC off a fan controller then you can make it silent as well. Needs to be well mounted
              DDC has a higher backpressure than D5 allowing you to push a better flow through a more restrictive loop. D5 will move more volume than a DDC..
              However both pumps are great for water cooling. I have 4 of each of the pumps.

How often do these kits come in stock? I wont be ordering for about 1-2 months, so hopefully it comes in stock by then.

Comment

Only Daz can answer that one.

Comment

It is time to update pictures on those...

I out of Heatkilelr blocks, so I zeroed quantities till Watercool send me more cpu blocks. I can substitute with Ek Supremacy MX if that works for you.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                    It is time to update pictures on those...

I out of Heatkilelr blocks, so I zeroed quantities till Watercool send me more cpu blocks. I can substitute with Ek Supremacy MX if that works for you.
                    Thanks for the offer, but I won't have the money for another month or two. But I will keep that in mind if it's still out of stock by that time or I miss the stock.

I do have another question, when I picked out my custom list, I liked the EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black because it was long lasting and wouldn't leech into the water as much over time.

When I order, could this be substituted, of course pay the difference, or be added as an upgrade option?

Comment

first never run any pump from a fan header, no fan header have enough amps to drive a pump
                      some Asus new board now have a Water-cooling pump header and this one can drive a pump, power and pwm control (not the AIO header)
                      the pump header have 36 watt of power, the AIO one have 24 watt

PWM pump have molex for power and a pwm control cable, this one can be connect on CPU fan header to control the pump

and some DDC are quitter than any D5 pump , the 10w version is the quitter pump I ever used

any PWM pump can be set to really quiet, no pump are completely silent

DDC and D5 pump are WAY OVERKILL for any loop, you can choose any and you will never have any issue

Comment

Working...
                      X