Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best form of shipping?

Hi guys,

I think I have finally done all my research and found all the parts I need for my first hard pipe water cooling loop. But just before I go ahead and pay for the order I wanted to get you're guys' opinion about the method of shipping...
    Is expedited package reliable? What I mean by this is the parts will arrive and not be damaged by the postman? or should I pay the extra buck and get FexEx instead?
    Note that the amount of time it will take the package to get to my house is irrelevant, I'm not in a hurry. I am buying a number of items from several stores and will patiently wait for all of them to arrive before I begin assembling my new rig.
    I just want to make sure that the items I buy will actually make it to my house, and that they will be in good condition so I don't have to return them.

What Y'all think?

We usually overpack and I cannot even recall when it was the last time we had a physical damage.

Having said that CP tracking sucks, they losing packages more often than other and in case of the problem they respond very slow to resolve tickets. Chances are rather low although, less than 1%...
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks for the reply Admin. I'm just hoping to see other folks who have purchased products using Canada Post shipping VS UPS/FedEx shipping and share their experiences here.
      For me, it doesn't matter if I get the items in 1 week or 3 weeks. I am just looking to save some money, but on the other hand, I'm afraid of getting my shipment lost considering I'm spending $800+

Comment

I just go with the best price usually. That's CP. I have used others though and all are fine. I'm close enough usually get in purchase in 2 or 3 days.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I ship motorcycle parts all over the world and use Canada Post for all but the largest pieces. DHL for wheels and engine cases.
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I buy from Daz and use Canada Post, I live in BC. Never had an issue!
            However, I did lose my box somewhere in my parts pile, and I forgot to buy a new cap for my TT res

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! The order is in. I will be posting my work-logs later on, once I get all the parts together and figure out my overall build concept. It's gonna be EPIC! I can't wait!
              PS; good thing I waited a few days for these replies, in that time I figured out I'm missing a few parts.

Comment

Working...
              X