Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing Copper and Aluminum in a Loop?

Ok I have a question to pose here.
    We have all heard that it's not a good idea to mix metals especially copper and aluminium in a loop.

I thought the reason was to prevent electrolysis from happening. I was lead to believe this by some pipe fitters I know through work.

Is this correct?

Next, this part will pretty much require a response from Daz.
    Also, will DazMode Protector prevent this?
    Or does DazMode Protector allow you to use copper and aluminium in the same loop without a problem?

And if I am miss understanding the reason for not wanting to mixing these two metals please some one tell me why it is.
    Last edited by Hooded; 02-26-2013, 01:43 AM.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Yes it is correct, and i doubt that Daz`s Protector will prevent it as well. I believe you would need a heavy electroplating to circumvent the corrosion problems. What are you doing ? Some sort of custom block of sorts ? (rhetorical)
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Corrosion suppression will slow down the process, but laws of physics can not be ..... you know.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks I was just wanting to double check myself on this.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
        X