Plans, Maximus VI Formula and a loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans, Maximus VI Formula and a loop

I am looking at upgrading, replacing my current system's core parts with a liquid cooled system that will feature a Maximus VI Formula board and I would like to know if it would be better to go with one of the kits, or go fully custom. I also was wondering if the Raystorm CPU block would work with Mayhems Aurora - Tharsis Red coolant. I intend on leaving my planned Graphics Cards, 2 EVGA GTX780s with their stock titan reference cooling unit. My case is a Corsair 600t and I want a clean, neat build that will showcase my hardware without obscuring it too much and yet be an efficient cool system.

to the Dazmode Zone Shadowline2332

thats a sweet mobo and alot of graphics power

sounds like a badass rig!

Comment

Aurora coolant is only for show. Not advised for everyday use.

Welcome to DazForum!!
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Is there a good red coolant that would also work as an everyday coolant?

Comment

The Koolance coolant comes in Red and is guaranteed not to stain.
          Bad point is only comes in 700ml bottles
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Is the custom kit better than the standard kit? I mean with the standard kit I would have to replace the LEDs with red ones, and need to figure out how to make a bubble trap so they don't get into my loop.

Comment

Bubble trap?
              Your res will trap the micro bubbles during filling. Affter a day top up res to completely remove all air from system.
              Filling usually requires you gently rock your case back and forth and side to side in order to move any trapped air in blocks or rads through to the res.

If your planning on using all the parts that come with a kit then they are usually a better deal. However changing just 1 thing can quickly negate the price savings.

Comment

The highest point in the build will be the top rad... it would be located higher than the front bay res... even if I place the res in the top two optical bays. Is there such a thing as translucent tubing so I could run clear fluids while at the same time maintaining some ability to look into my system and see how the fluid is flowing?

Comment

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...58-od-2m-pack/
                  https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...ar_1_-_not_uv/
                  https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...d_-_uv_red_1_/

There's plenty of translucent tubing available

Nice to see I'm not the only one diving head first into a VI Formula build. What case are you using? (By the way, if there's no bubbles in your system, you pretty much can't tell if the water is flowing)

Edit: Woops, missed the part about your case, sorry >.< That'll be a sweet build, You'll be posting pics right?
                  Last edited by Relikar; 06-15-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Yep... that's the plan. I was thinking of going with either 7/16 or 1/2 ID tubing... is there anywhere where you can get red translucent tubing for those sizes?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowline2332 View Post
                      Yep... that's the plan. I was thinking of going with either 7/16 or 1/2 ID tubing... is there anywhere where you can get red translucent tubing for those sizes?

Edit: Woops that's not translucent... My bad.

Comment

A friend of mine says there are translucent tubes around... I just don't know where to look. Also if my quest for translucent red tubing is a fail is EK's http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14...1547b133#blank a good alternative to the Koolance coolant?
                        Last edited by Shadowline2332; 06-18-2013, 06:11 PM. Reason: More questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowline2332 View Post
                          The highest point in the build will be the top rad... it would be located higher than the front bay res... even if I place the res in the top two optical bays. Is there such a thing as translucent tubing so I could run clear fluids while at the same time maintaining some ability to look into my system and see how the fluid is flowing?
                          It won't matter that your rad is higher than your res, because it's a closed loop, you can push the air through the system and it will get trapped in the res. All the air is trapped in the res providing you keep the inlet of the res below the fluid level. If the fluid level drops below your inlet port then you will have major problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                            It won't matter that your rad is higher than your res, because it's a closed loop, you can push the air through the system and it will get trapped in the res. All the air is trapped in the res providing you keep the inlet of the res below the fluid level. If the fluid level drops below your inlet port then you will have major problems.
                            Thanks for the info... would it be a good idea to run the CPU block before the VRMs or after?

Comment

Most people do before as far as I know. I believe the logic is because you want to focus as much cooling power on the CPU as possible because it gets much hotter than the VRMs

Comment

Working...
                              X