Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Relikar View Post
    vcore: Idle 1.384, Load 1.352 (wut?)

VCCSA: Idle 0.8640, Load 0.8640 (Running stable in auto)

I/O: Constant 1.05

PLL: Constant 1.8, will drop and see what happens

Also, somebody want to teach me how to memory OC?

Edit: Runs fine @ PLL 1.6. I think there's an issue between my bios settings and the actual delivery of power. I know 1.4 is the suggested max for 24/7 use, but I have it set at 1.43, and the actual voltage being delivered never clears 1.394, so technically that is within the safe zone, correct?
    Did you finally find your point of stability with your setup? These chips go through a burn in phase for the first 2 months and it's all down hill from there lol
    "Casper B!"
    I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
    50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

I just leave it at 4.2, Anything higher is derpy. Also I'm pretty sure my mobo is nearly toast because if I turn SLI on my computer crashes after 20 minutes or so. Each card runs fine individually though.

Comment

I just leave it at 4.2, Anything higher is derpy. Also I'm pretty sure my mobo is nearly toast because if I turn SLI on my computer crashes after 20 minutes or so. Each card runs fine individually though.
        4.5ghz should be doable, did you have the nvidia pcie 3.0 hack injected? What sorts of bsod are you having? e.g x101. Most of the results i've seen on that msi mb, they're running command rate at 2T. Only the tawainese guys seems to have some really high clocks from the bbxp2, stability is questionable though
        "Casper B!"
        I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l

Comment

4.5 is certainly doable, But stability is far from acceptable at a decent voltage. This thing has to last me until Haswell-E launches next Summer/Fall, don't really wan't to burn the chip ^-^

Also the crashes don't BSOD. Screen just tears for a sec then goes black. I assume everything stops because audio goes dead. Have to force a shut down with the power button.

Comment

4.5 is certainly doable, But stability is far from acceptable at a decent voltage. This thing has to last me until Haswell-E launches next Summer/Fall, don't really wan't to burn the chip ^-^

Also the crashes don't BSOD. Screen just tears for a sec then goes black. I assume everything stops because audio goes dead. Have to force a shut down with the power button.
            Can you post a screenshot of your current bios settings? I'm going to compare to this user profile, seems to be only specimen on the planet that can get 5Ghz+ with this mb
            "Casper B!"

Comment

My Bios are screwy to begin with. I can't change the multiplier in the bios at all, everything needs to be done in windows. I'll try and get that screenshot for you sometime soon though.

Comment

Working...
              X