System Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Leak

Just like the title says, I have a leak in my system, ....... losing about an ounce of ice dragon coolant a day.

After about two weeks I've finally been able to find traces of where it leaking from.

The XSPC dual bay reservoir, is leaking where the pump is attached to the reservoir ..... and just saw this at the Dazmode store, "XSPC Acetal Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir for single Laing D5 (Back Mount) - Not stocked due to high RMA level".

The system will be shutting down shortly. Do any of you have a suggestion of which reservoir I should use or get as a replacement.

.... Don't forget, I'm not into purity, perfection and beauty like the rest of you. I just need a resevoir that is functional, and preferably uses a DazMode STORM D5 PWM 8-24V Pump. I do have a spare pump adapter so I can get away with a simple reservoir.

All suggestions are welcome, Thank-you in advance,

mikej
    Folding @ Home : For the Health of Mankind

Asus x79 Sabertooth M/B
    Intel I7-3930 @ 4.6g ghz (watercooled) cpu
    2 X 128 gig Adata SSD's in Raid 0 : 2 Terabyte Seagate H/D
    1 LG bluray/dvd rewriter
    32 gigs Geil pc3-12800
    Zotac 780 Amp 3gig memory GPU
    PcP&C 910 Silencer

Phobya UC-1 Extreme Intel : Monsta 420mm Rad & 3 x FHP-141 push & 3 X D14SH-12 pull : 2 x RX 360mm rad & 6 x FM121 fans push: XSPC D5 Dual Bay & 2 X D5 Vario Pump : Tubing - 1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD

sorry to hear about you rez leaking. if i where you i would make it simple get this http://www.dazmode.com/store/product...servoir_combo/
    use brackets and screw to the wood frame and call it a day
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

If the bay res style suits your needs, you can get another XSPC one but in clear acrylic. Those ones never had leak issues at all. Mount issues are a different story, but I see you don't need to worry about those.

Comment

In your set up you can use anything. Ek tube res combo or XSPC Acrylic reservoir (tank or bay).

If you want to RMA let me know, but i will take a while to get it from XSPC as I have no stock.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thank-you for the replies.

As a replacement, the xspc dual bay Acrylic looks best as a simple placement ..... no other modding required, lol .

@ DazMode is the leak at the pump housing the usual reason for the RMA's or is it other faults of the reservoir? I do have a spare O ring for a replacement if it would be useful or is it more a case of warping of the housing that would be at fault?

Originally posted by DazMode
          If you want to RMA let me know.
          Thank-you for the kind offer, Sir. I'll have to think about that one. At this point I'm just about ready to go back to an air cooler.

Asus x79 Sabertooth M/B
          1 LG bluray/dvd rewriter
          32 gigs Geil pc3-12800
          PcP&C 910 Silencer

Phobya UC-1 Extreme Intel : Monsta 420mm Rad & 3 x FHP-141 push & 3 X D14SH-12 pull : 2 x RX 360mm rad & 6 x FM121 fans push: XSPC D5 Dual Bay & 2 X D5 Vario Pump : Tubing - 1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD

Comment

Usually they leak at the top, if you leak form the pump it may be o-ring is bad, not a reservoir.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

It certainly appears to be pooling under the the pump housing. Although I can see areas in the top that are warped and there appears to be a white (dragon Ice) line on the top seal of the housing a little above and to the right of the pump. I really won't be able to tell until I can pull the pump/reservoir.

I am not looking forward to pumping a few gallons of distilled water through the system to clean it before refilling with DarkSide - DazMode Protector and distilled water. It's such a waste dumping 6 liters of Dragon ice.

Asus x79 Sabertooth M/B
              1 LG bluray/dvd rewriter
              32 gigs Geil pc3-12800
              PcP&C 910 Silencer

Comment

6 litres? waaaaa?
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

Why dump it? Just save it back in the bottles.
                  6 litres seems like a lot?
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

6 litres? Surely that can't be right...

Comment

I think the rig Gdesmo is working on is gonna need 16 gallons

Comment

LOL, what can I say, I bought a total of 6 bottles of dragon ice. I had an ounce or two left in the fifth bottle before I noticed the reservoir was down. I now have a third of a bottle left. I'll admit one bottle was down an ounce or three when I bought it ..... but Daz gave me such a deal on it I couldn't refuse to take it off his hands .... and it was still sealed. I may have lost a half liter the first time I emptied it to install more rads and another pump. Maybe another ounce or two around connectors where the clamps weren't tight enough. With the little bit of residue in the case (about two toonies worth) I can't believe it's two thirds of a liter either .... liquid evaporated and left the solids.

Between 13 feet of 1/2in inside diameter hose, three rads, two pumps and a reservoir I have no idea where it all is, but at a reserved guess it can't be less than four and a half liters still in the system, and I know by the time I remove the liquid, replace the reservoir and refill, that third of a liter won't be enough to fill the system again. I mean what, does this stuff do, just evaporate when in contact with the air?

It's the same as I can't believe this system is only as effective as the nzxt 60 with a twin 140mm rad. The rad coolant temperature is 30 C and the cpu is 68 C. It's possible distilled water and Dazmode protector will do better, lol

Not much I can say about this being such a noob. Now where can I get some tec pads, lmao.
                        Last edited by wolfslayer1; 08-31-2013, 07:35 AM.

Asus x79 Sabertooth M/B
                        1 LG bluray/dvd rewriter
                        32 gigs Geil pc3-12800
                        PcP&C 910 Silencer

Comment

Mike, I hope you get your folding beast up and running in no time. Damn leaks I can't believe you wasted all that cash on a nanofluid. That could've gone into some san aces and fan controller for those RX rads Anyways, you live and learn I guess. Maybe you can remedy the leak from the pump housing with some teflon tape. It's worth a shot. Just use daz protector and distilled. I ditched my silver kill coil the last time I drained the loop. But I had about 2C better temps with silver and distilled combo
                          "Casper B!"
                          I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
                          50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

Not worry, Addicted2Rad. Wasted money on nanofluid, not, just an expensive lesson,
                            Originally posted by Addicted2Rad
                            Maybe you can remedy the leak from the pump housing with some teflon tape.
                            After examination with mirrors, it appears to be leaking from the top plate of the reservoir, just to the right of center of the pump housing.

The res level seems to remain static just under two thirds full. The leak is more likely my fault for keeping it above three quarters full.

The rig is still up and running and the new reservoir and Dazmode protector will be here early next week. I just slipped the Nzxt 60 back on temporarily. Not to worry about folding, I have three other rigs, a 6/12 core I7-970 with two gtx 660ti's and two 64 core amd servers running. I'm in the process of a 40/80 core intel server build .... just slowly acquiring the parts.

Asus x79 Sabertooth M/B
                            1 LG bluray/dvd rewriter
                            32 gigs Geil pc3-12800
                            PcP&C 910 Silencer

Comment

We're both new to wc, no biggie bro I made the mistake of getting the 2nd ek uni-gpu block in nickel/acetal, because Daz ran out of stock of the copper version and i'm not confident enough to use acrylic I'm also sporting the same bay res as you and it also has that bulge up top. Knock on woods, hopefully it doesn't leak. Goodluck and keep folding

p.s. Are those 140mm Yates noisy enough to bother you at full tilt?
                              "Casper B!"
                              I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
                              50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

Working...
                              X