Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir V2: leaking or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir V2: leaking or not?

Guys if anybody have leaking reservoir V2 (black one with D5 on the back), I'm looking for pictures.

I know that V1 leak on both sides and in the middle, but XSPC says that V2 with extra screw fixes it all. I don't see how screw in the middle-back addresses leaking on reservoir sides, but technically i do not have a proof at this time.

So if anybody have it or saw on forums let me know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	db_file_img_5788_165x150.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	79400
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

I have the XSPC V2 version which I bought from you Daz, if you can look closely there is a white stain where the red line is...That was my white Mayhem Pastel liquid...Right now I been using distilled water and it hasn't been leaking for about 6 months or so...I don't know how it didn't have any leaks so far now...Just weird. Not saying distilled water fixed it haha but yeah, just thought I showed you,
    Dragon Azul Build
    Case: NZXT Switch 810 | AsROCK Extreme4 z77 1155 | i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz | GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti 3GB SC+ | Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz 16GB | Corsair AX850w | SSD: Corsair 120GB FORCE 3 | HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Soundcard: Soundblaster RECON 3D

Comment

ouch i wouldn't want to fill that to the top

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
        ouch i wouldn't want to fill that to the top
        This Bay Res pump is such a hard time to bleed the liquid also which is why I'm replacing it with the Bitspower tube res you saw in my project log before.
        Dragon Azul Build
        Case: NZXT Switch 810 | AsROCK Extreme4 z77 1155 | i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz | GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti 3GB SC+ | Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz 16GB | Corsair AX850w | SSD: Corsair 120GB FORCE 3 | HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Soundcard: Soundblaster RECON 3D

Comment

Mine is only a couple months old, and that is the same place mine was leaking. Sorry, I can't post a picture at this time.

What I can say is, if the cooling fluid is kept 2 centimeter from the top of the front window, the reservoir doesn't leak your coolant. But I do believe it's leaking air ...... as in back pressure.

If you fill more than 4 centimeter high in the window, it'll leak.
          Folding @ Home : For the Health of Mankind

Asus x79 Sabertooth M/B
          Intel I7-3930 @ 4.6g ghz (watercooled) cpu
          2 X 128 gig Adata SSD's in Raid 0 : 2 Terabyte Seagate H/D
          1 LG bluray/dvd rewriter
          32 gigs Geil pc3-12800
          Zotac 780 Amp 3gig memory GPU
          PcP&C 910 Silencer

Phobya UC-1 Extreme Intel : Monsta 420mm Rad & 3 x FHP-141 push & 3 X D14SH-12 pull : 2 x RX 360mm rad & 6 x FM121 fans push: XSPC D5 Dual Bay & 2 X D5 Vario Pump : Tubing - 1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD

Comment

I'm trying out the Darkside Bay/pump res combo for the first time

been running for quite awhile now ,bled quickly and quiet as a mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
              I'm trying out the Darkside Bay/pump res combo for the first time

been running for quite awhile now ,bled quickly and quiet as a mouse
              Oh yeah it's quiet for sure even at level 5 speed settings. Just this damn this so hard to bleed lol.
              Dragon Azul Build

Comment

Originally posted by Mupp1t View Post
                I have the XSPC V2 version which I bought from you Daz, if you can look closely there is a white stain where the red line is...That was my white Mayhem Pastel liquid...Right now I been using distilled water and it hasn't been leaking for about 6 months or so...I don't know how it didn't have any leaks so far now...Just weird. Not saying distilled water fixed it haha but yeah, just thought I showed you,
                I've since replaced mine but it looked EXACTLY the same. Mine was not filled to the top and i had green Swiftech hydrX in there - So it was clearly visible when there was a leak.
                Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

I believe this is Version 1 on picture. Is there a extra screw in the middle?

Comment

I have 9 screws on the top of my bay res. I have 4 screws on both sides and 1 screw in the middle.
                    Dragon Azul Build

Comment

U might want to try some expoxy past not sure if it will work to seal the cap

Comment

Originally posted by Mupp1t View Post
                        I have good news for you Mupp1t, your XSPC bay res/pump combo is not a V2. It's a V1, so you should be able to get a replacement for your V1 from XSPC.

http://www.xs-pc.com/d5-dual-bay-res...safety-notice/

Comment

Good info Bill and to the Daz Zone
                          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thank you for posting. XSPC basically were saying I'm lying about V2 has problems as well and demanding stop talking about it.

I still suspicions about Vinyl as choice of material, but there is no evidence that rev 2 suffer from same issue, so I might was misinformed about what versions numbers have problems.
                            Last edited by DazMode; 10-19-2013, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                              Thank you for posting. XSPC basically were saying I'm lying about V2 has problems as well and demanding stop talking about it.
                              Demanding?...Sheesh, there's good customer relations for you. XSPC should just suck it up and replace anything that leaks from design flaws.
                              CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                              XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Working...
                              X