Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODD Disassembly Help

Hi all,

Hope this is the right forum to ask this, but can anybody give me any pointers on getting an ODD tray cover off? I'm looking to custom paint mine and having a heck of a time getting it to come off.

I've followed guides online with no luck. It keeps feeling like I'll snap something if I apply any more force than I have already.

I have two drives, one DVD burner and one Blu-ray burner. I assume they would be similar to dismantle (barring some slight differences).

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

ODD = Optical Disc Drive?
    These change greatly depending on the manufacturer. Most have some sort of a snap in type of connection. You'll need to figure out how to release the snapped in fastener to get it off with out damage.
    A picture would be helpful, so people can see what your up against.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'd meant optical disc drive, apologies for any confusion.

I'll post pics later when I'm home to clarify. I was able to get the main face plate off by depressing the tabs, but it's pointless as the tray part of the face plate is stuck on if that makes any sense.

I've also removed the metal casing to paint (trying to get everything a glossy black).

I realize now that this thread's pretty much worthless without pics... those will be forthcoming. Thanks again for replying.

Comment

Working...
      X