Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade

Hey fellow water coolers, I hope this finds everyone well. I would like to upgrade to a Sabertooth Z87 and 4700k, ( diff color scheme )are the 1155 waterblocks compatible with the 1150 socket? Thanks in advance!!
    CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
    XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

can we talk you out of it??? lol.. suppose not.

1150 is not 1155...
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Yes they are compatible, same bolt pattern. Cheers Gears !
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

arg... my reading fail ... again. commence the slappin'
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

lol
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thanks gdesmo..I was hopin' what I've read so far was correct. The reason for the upgrade is a friend of my son has his eye on my set up and seems he won't take no for an answer..lol..I told him he could buy it all except for the case!! Tried to sell him the HAF but he wants a Corsair case which is a great choice as well. So, would I be better off with a Z77 and Ivy Bridge or the Z87 and Haswell? From what I've read the Haswell is really a step up but more for mobile computing than desktop. I just know bungz has reasons for tryin' to talk me out of it...lol. As always your opinions are valued. Thanks!!
            CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
            XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

only reason I see going from z77 to z87 is 6 native sata 3 ports and native usb3

other than the 5-10 percent speed increase

Comment

Thanks for the reply FF, since I'm not in need of multiple ports perhaps the Z77 is the way to go.

Comment

little cheaper I would imagine

Comment

exactly my thoughts FF.

You keepin the HAF there Gears? or something new?
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

The HAF sits destitute ever since the SM8 showed up..lol. I would like to try another color scheme in the SM8 along with the new mobo, cpu and gpu. Thanks again for the advice!

Comment

Maybe with wheels and a smoke stack res ?
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Since my modding skills don't even come close to others here, I think I'll leave the wheels and 8" chrome stacks to those more talented gdesmo...lol. But I did order the Sabertooth and 3770k last nite. So I guess its time to rebuild the HAF with the old P67 and 2600k and sell the damn thing. There's a GTX285 layin' around here somewhere so it'll at least have some gpu power...lol. Not gonna paint the whole mobo cover this time, just do edge highlites on it. Thanks again for the great input gents!

Comment

You may be better off parting it out. Look forward to this next build !

Comment

Damn, seems the Z77 Sabertooth is no longer available, at least from NCIX. So it looks like a Z87 and Haswell for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X