New question about fan orientation in my case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New question about fan orientation in my case

Sorry to revive an old thread, i ran into another problem after having my system running for a few weeks
    currently i have the 2 fan in the front rad set as intake for positive air pressure, under normal idle the temps are really low so its fine,
    once i have a game running the air inside the case gets pretty hot from intaking the air through the front rad with 50C coolant running through them
    wondering if that's ok or should i reverse those 2 fans to exhaust as well?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled_zpsa1790446.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	75847

Hey guys, I recently started to build my first machine and going water cooling as well.

Since I read that the loop should go the shortest route possible, I drew up an diagram in paint and ended up with something like this:

Name:	Untitled_zps81c8a3a6.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	79429

Is this a good routing or am I doing something wrong without realizing? thanks for any input would be great!

I currently have:
    EK Supremacy Block
    EK FC670 DCUII
    2x 2x120mm XSPC radiator
    DDC3.25 with EK mod top
    EK Dualbay spin Res

another question is seems like my DDC3.25 pump is way to strong and the dual bay spin sounds like a waterfall constantly lol, i currently connected the inlet to one of the outlet so it doesnt use the spin feature.
    just wondering if theres anyway to reduce the flow or pump speed so i can actually be able to use the spin bay while keeping it quiet?
    Last edited by iCrazyNoob; 12-13-2013, 12:23 PM.

Don't know where you read that bit about the needing to be as short as possible, but it's a myth imho. Length of the tube run will have no effect on temps unless your talking 10' or more.

Try running your pump from a 30watt/channel fan controller. This will allow you to adjust the speed it runs at and quiet the res down.

The loops looks fine to me. I would be running the pump straight into a rad then a block so you remove any heat generated by the pump.
    I would run the loop like this
    Res, Pump, Rad, GPU, Rad, CPU, Res.

The rads directly before the block ensures the coolest liquid passing through the blocks. I know people will argue the position doesn't matter and that the loop will equalize it's temp. But I have a hard time believing that the fluid coming out the rad is not cooler the fluid entering the rad. I have temp gauges on my rad the show the general gain to be around 1 to 2 degrees depending on the current work loads and the fan speeds and pump speed/flow rate.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I did rez/pump/rad/rad/rad/cpu/gpux3 and it works flawlessly. I dont think the sequence are important if you get enough rads and flowrate to keep your fluid at a good temp...

Comment

That's the way I like to do my loops, cool cpu first then everything else afterwards.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
          Don't know where you read that bit about the needing to be as short as possible, but it's a myth imho.
          ... perhaps TTL .. maybe a minor misinterpretation that you shouldn't have extra long lengths of tube because it results in poor aesthetics.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

thanks guys im going to go with res pump rad cpu gpu rad!

Comment

Will work just fine.
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

hey guys sorry to revive an old thread, i ran into another problem after having my system running for a few weeks
                currently i have the 2 fan in the front rad set as intake for positive air pressure, under normal idle the temps are really low so its fine,
                once i have a game running the air inside the case gets pretty hot from intaking the air through the front rad with 50C coolant running through them
                wondering if that's ok or should i reverse those 2 fans to exhaust as well?

Name:	Untitled_zpsa1790446.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	75847

Comment

Working...
                X