No announcement yet.

Need assistance with watercooling - I'm a beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VRM's are basically the power supplies for the gpu, when stressed to the limit or overheated the voltages can start to fluctuate back and forth. Also known as transient spikes or peaks, heat can easily be controlled by adding stick on heatsinks and making sure there is a good airflow over them.
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

good point GD. even with heatsinks inplace, you'll need to make sure there's still some good airflow over the cards.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

@DazMode:
        That's good to hear. In that case, I can probably have one dual radiator, and two single radiators in my case. I might need to adjust my starting kit to account for this.

@bungwirez:
        I just sold out my SAPPHIRE TOXIC R9 280X for just over retail price. I'm wondering about which reference card to pick at this point. Does the manufacturer of the reference card matter? Or do they all perform exactly the same? If it doesn't matter, I'll just pick up whichever reference card is the cheapest for the model.

@gdesmo:
        What occurs when spikes happen? Display failures? Since VRMs seem to matter a lot, I might just go for the full water blocks after all. It's more of a guarantee, and they seem to look better anyway. With non-reference cards, if you took apart the manufacturer's fan, it looks really bland.

Comment

Working...
        X