No announcement yet.

Outdoor radiator, getting the heat outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, I have no intention of using a TEC. I'm trying to reduce my power bill. I was thinking 20Gal Rubbermaid Brute garbage can filled with water/antifreeze mix (50/50 most likely, maybe 40/60). Seal the lid on, put rubber grommets through the lid and run piping to the bottom. Have pump suck water from container, run through rad and back into the container. Then have the GPU rigs do the same thing, cycle the heat into the garbage can fluid, so that it can be brought out to the rad outside. The only issue is that all the loops share the same water and I need to run the antifreeze/water solution through everything, although I doubt that should be an issue. I'm guessing I should go for all metal blocks or acetyl and avoid using acrylic. Not sure if the antifreeze would harm any of the parts.

As mentioned above, I thought about closing the outside loop with a large copper tube coil immersed in the garbage can to draw heat out. I'm not sure how effective this would be. I guess I will need to do some testing. This method would isolate the antifreeze/water solution to the outside part only and I can use a more conventional coolant for the inside loops. The buffer container should help keep the inside water above freezing and should help reduce condensation.

Comment

Working...
    X