No announcement yet.

Need electrical help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This can be done with Arduino >.> I guess? just sensors and commands.
    X79 | 3930k 4.803Ghz | 16GB Samsung 30nm 2227Mhz | GTX TITAN 1255Mhz | Corsair 600T | OC.Net

Comment

I dont know what Arduino is, can you explain?

Comment

Arduino's are a set of PCB boards used in robotics and do-it-yourseif projects with integrated circuits for many different applications. Motor controls-step up transformers-electronic switching and many other cool little projects. I thought a little more about your situation and had a thought about using an Aquacomputer flow sensor with flow meter and low flow alarm. You could set it for the alarm to go off at a certain low flow rate and pick off the alarm power to shut off the compressor via a relay.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Can you explain this a bit more I don't quite understand. So I would have a flow switch that would shut the compressor off and a flow meter that would sound an alarm if I had low flow? Or would the slow switch open cause the alarm?

Comment

Aquacomputer has a flow sensor that has an alarm built into it. You can program the sensor with one of their free downloads and use the alarm output to trigger a relay that could shut off the compressor. Would be compact, cheaper and a more elegant way of doing it, Daz carries the in-line sensor unit but is currently out of stock. Sure it can be ordered in though.
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
              Me too... but that was for buying a copy of Anarchist Cookbook...
              I'm on the Homeland Security List because I ordered and imported some adjustable Meanwell power supplies. Had to sign and declare a few documents to assure them I was using them for personal use and that there was no chance that I would export them to a restricted Country. Paranoid or what !

Comment

ok.

I would still need control voltage and a contactor right? 24VAC for the relay and a contactor set to pull in when the compressor has to turn on.

Comment

Yes !

Comment

This is where I need more help with.

I dont know what size or type of relay to get. I can pick up a 120/24V AC step down transformer for my control voltage, but beyond that I dont know too much about electrical.

What size or type of contactor would I need?

Comment

I really do appreciate all the help am Im getting from everyone, especially you Gdesmo.

Comment

I've been doing some more research on flow switches as well as looking into this aquacomputer thing. What I need is for this flow switch and relay and contactor to be all co-located in the same enclosure, which is the water chiller. The aquacomputer looks to be designed to fit inside of a computer case and run off of DC voltage.

Im looking for something I can keep in the water chiller case, and keep separate from my computer. I would prefer a simple flow switch, with a relay and contactor, all operating on AC voltage.

Comment

http://www.spaandpoolsource.com/6560...mpsystems.aspx

might be able to use a spa flow switch i just dont know how much gallons per minute would require to close the switch

as for contactor youll want minimum of 20 amps as compressors and motors have a high inrush current

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-40-amp-2...-/261319817496
                          something similar to this.

you can probably just use a 120v coil with that switch as it wont much current draw on the coil then you wont need transformer either

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post
                            http://www.spaandpoolsource.com/6560...mpsystems.aspx

might be able to use a spa flow switch i just dont know how much gallons per minute would require to close the switch

as for contactor youll want minimum of 20 amps as compressors and motors have a high inrush current

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-40-amp-2...-/261319817496
                            something similar to this.

you can probably just use a 120v coil with that switch as it wont much current draw on the coil then you wont need transformer either
                            So if i find a 120v relay you mean I wont need a transformer? or is there a contactor that I buy that has a 120V coil on it already?

Comment

relay's are for low amps like 1-10ish

contactors are heavy loads espically compressor and motors

but yes you can get contactors with 120v coils the one i posted is, you most likely wont find a single pole one but two is fine.

threw a digram together if it helps you
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by stephen; 01-25-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Thank you Stephen. That is perfect and exactly what i needed to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X