First Time Build Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Build Help

I am planning on adding water cooling for my video cards but want to make sure that I am purchasing compatible and in general good parts for them.

Computer specs

Case: Corsair obsidian 900d
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme
    CPU: Intel 4770k
    Video Cards: 2 x HIS Radeon 7950 , 2 x Asus R9 290
    PSU: Corsair 1200w

I already have the CPU on a out of the box closed loop cooler and will prob leave it that way, what I am looking to do is add liquid cooling to the 4 video cards.

The parts that I have selected and would like to get your options on as to whether they are the best options for my set up are:

GPU BLOCKS: 2 x 7950 blocks and 2 x r9 290 blocks
    Video Card Bridge: ek-fc bridge Do I need to purchase links as well and if so which ones?
    Radiator: Ek Quad radiator
    Fans: x4 or x8 Corsair Air Series
    Pump / Reservoir: Option 1, Option 2, Option 3
    Fittings: Link
    Tubing: Link
    Cooling Liquid: Ice Dragon or feser one Is the Ice dragon worth its price?
    Fan controller: Link

If anyone has any suggestions or corrections to my planned cooling set up I would love to hear them as this is my first time doing a real water cooling set up and would like to make sure that I am getting the correct parts as well as getting the ones that would work best in my system.

many thanks for taking your time to assist me

Take extra care ordering your GPU blocks. Make sure you match them up using the EK Configurator. Then get a second opinion to confirm your thoughts. This can be an expensive mistake, should you purchase the wrong ones.

The bridge and links are all separate purchase on top of your GPU blocks. I think EK lists the compatible links and bridges in the details of the GPU block.
    I would grab Gentle Typhoon fans over corsair any day, especially for rads.

Pump option 3, with D5 Pump is the best imho, then option 2 with the 325 DDC Pump & Tach. The PMW Pump is good to but will require a PMW power source, which in your case I think it's in use by your CPU closed loop. Option 1, I wouldn't even consider it.

Your selected compression fittings won't fit the tube you've choosen. The OD's and The ID's MUST match. You've choosen 3/8"ID x 1/2"OD tube, so you need to select your fittings from this list.
    I prefer 3/8 "ID x 5/8"OD as it is much less likely to kink. This size tube requires fittings from this list.

I use Ice Dragon on one of my builds and like it a lot. However I believe Feser will work dam near as good, maybe 2 or 3 degrees different.
    That fan controller kicks ass.

And to the community
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I suggest avoid XSPC 750 pumps, I have failure rate 70% and stop stocking them.

Also I doubt you get any good results with 1100rpm fans for your configuration. You need either faster fans or more radiators.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
      X