Ek a240g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ek a240g

I am looking to run the EK A240G kit on my new Ghost S1 build. Only issue I see is draining the system. Can anyone recommend a 3 way G1/4 splitter, ball valve and plug that is either aluminum or acrylic?

I have some acrylic 3-way splitters, not in use brand new.
    Not knowing where you will find a valve though.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

If you want to stick to Aluminum or Acrylic ball valve you should try a local plumbing supplier, one that specializes in accessories for fixtures. I personally have not seen either Aluminum or Acrylic valves for PC cooling. I'l try to ask around and if I can find out anything Ill post back in here.

Comment

The 240G kit is well priced and exactly what im looking for with my little Ghost S1 build. Seems odd that EK wouldnt offer more parts, although i do see a T fitting on their site, just to ball valve or plug.

I did find this cheapo on amazon:

​​​​​​https://www.amazon.com/Vanpower-Thre...DP1CAKXNENNDZ4

Comment

its a soft tubing build the 240 no real need for a drain,,, there more for hardtube builds
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Hey Overkill, If you don't want to use a Darkside or Bitspower valve, you could try this setup.

I picked up the Koolance G 1/4 to NPT 1/8 adapter (Part # ADT-G14M-N18F) from Daz a while back. I think it was the last one. I use it for leak testing but in a case like your S1 it may help to route a 1/4 inch tube to a remote drain point. These valves do a good job of sealing, at least for my purposes.
            The SLOB : A 3570K Build
            Down & Out : A 2600K Build
            V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

Sorry Overkill, just realized that the rad is aluminum. Ignore whatever I said
              The SLOB : A 3570K Build
              Down & Out : A 2600K Build
              V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
                its a soft tubing build the 240 no real need for a drain,,, there more for hardtube builds
                Not sure what you mean. Hard tube or soft tube, a person still needs to drain system at some point for whatever reason. A drain valve makes it much easier to drain, and less of a chance of water getting places it shouldnt. I incorporate a drain valve in every water build.

Comment

Working...
                X