First Loop need advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Loop need advise

hey all i thought id ask here as iv come to a point were its time to tame this i9 7980xe. and my future i9 10980xe if i ever find one at msrp, i know its terrible i seen linus's vid but this is only till DDR 5 and amds PCie 5, then this rig will get shelved sold or decommissioned and set to another task, were im getting lost is on fittings/barbs it seems,

system specs are as listed.

Beast
    CPU - i9 7980xe 4.6 -4.4ghz 1.20v
    Cooler - Noctua NH - U12A
    Mobo - Rog Asus Apex x299
    Ram - 64 GB Corsair Dominator PAltuim 3200mhz 4x16GB
    GPU - Vega FE 1650 Core 1080 HBM 2 (1120MV)
    PSU - Evga 1600w G2
    Case Corsair 1000D
    Storage
    1.intel 905p 380GB M.2 (Os)
    2.intel 900p 280GB U.2 to Pcie
    3.intel DC3700 1.6TB (Work)
    3.iron wolf 14TB 256mb (Bulk)
    4.intel 750 1.2TB (steam)

i guess what im looking for is following, to cool this demon of a cpu,

1.420 Full Copper Rad,

2. Full Copper Block for cpu higher flow the better (NO RGB Aids)

3.nice strong high flow pump with nice Tall Res (NO RGB Aids)

4.Best Soft Tubing for high flow setup,

4.all fittings/Barbs? needed to connect all these,

cooling a 600w+ cpu on a Noctua NH-U12A was insane to think it'd work for so long. time to give this/these cpus the proper cooling they deserve,

first thing this loop is for is cpu ill add 2 480 rads uptop in future as needs grow with gpu/motherboard needs,

Wow that is a beast od a case for sure LOL.

420 rads - Not much difference in rads. Pick the one that has the thickness you're looking for and the number of ports you would like.

CPU block - HEATKILLER® IV PRO (INTEL processor) COPPER NI

Pumps - DDC 3.25 18 watt, DCC3.2 18 watt PWM, or any D5 are the overall best pumps for water cooling

Tubing - 3/8 id 5/8 od best tube size for overall flow. Colour and brand is up to you

Darkside Compression fittings are the best bang for your buck fittings.

Welcome to the community.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I'd start with a 480 up top, if you have the coin. Lord knows you have the case space, LOL! Not sure how optimal it would be for weight distribution, but a pair of top mounted 480s would MORE than cover you now and into the future. Just not sure how 'tipsy' the thing would be with all the water weight up top.

Comment

thank you i was getting confused about the in/od of tubing and fittings ill need help once we get to that point. i found a insane deal and will hopefully be getting these https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product...oducts_id=2890 Airplex Modularity system 480 mm. the ones im getting are Full Copper Finstack +Tubes, now it says it has a D5 Pump and Res would i still use a Res like the Heatkiller ones i been seeing recommended, https://www.dazmode.com/shop/waterco...r-tube-200-d5/ i want to use all Heatkiller for the block/Res.

i could move the 480s to the front of the case if weight is a lil crazy with 8 GT fans it might be killer, then i can throw a 420 rad up top when i get a new gpu would the pumps in this res be more then enough with the pump in the heatkiller res be more then enough till i upgrade away from x299.
        Last edited by Shadowarez; 04-07-2020, 10:17 PM. Reason: added option of moving 480s to front.

Comment

The idea of the rad/pump is to eliminate the res part of the loop as the rad doubles as res.. These should be mounted vertically as well or or performance wold likely suffer.

Comment

I could keep them up top if it's required I'm sure they built this tank of a case to hold the weight of 480m rads. Would a res be good though so I could always see the amount of fluid being used. Not sure how I'd monitor how much is left in the rads built in res.

Comment

Finally built a list of what I'd like and now that covid is almost over in my region I can work alot more OT. I really want 2 480's uptop then a a 420 in front for the GPU later on.

Comment

Only 4 fittings seems short.
                - 2 for rad
                - 2 for CPU block
                - 2 for pump/res combo

There is no D5 included with that res so unless you have a D5 pump you will also need one of those.
                Also 2' of tubing is cutting it pretty close. I'd get at least 3' or 4'.

Looks like a really nice choice of parts.

Comment

Working...
                X