Out of USB2.0 headers..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of USB2.0 headers..?

For the smart folks here, I'm sure you'll laugh at this one.

I'm doing my every 3rd-year build and decided to trick out everything this time. I'm going full water cooling on a TT CoreP5 Tempered glass wall kit.

I've got a Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 Mobo that has 2 USB 2.0 Headers on it. My TT Pacific CPU waterblock connects to a TT RGB hub which connects to power and USB2.0. I have 4 Corsair SP120 fans connected to a Corsair RGB hub, which also uses power and USB2.0 header. Finally, the case also wants to use a USB2.0 header for the legacy ports on the front.

My only thought, at the moment, is to not connect the case leads? Is there a splitter that I can use to connect to the header with 2 devices? I suspect this is a reason I should have stayed with all TT or all Corsair perhaps... If there is a solution, hopefully, I can buy it quickly in the Dazmode store!

Thanks,

You're looking for a USB2 9 pin splitter.
    1 to 4 https://www.amazon.ca/Kalolary-Exten...
    1 to 2 https://www.amazon.ca/Motherboard-He...
    Last edited by Hooded; 05-11-2020, 09:01 PM.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

This or commander pro or ekwb hub if you can find one lol. Or any other hubs from other brands.. but for only USB 2.0 its kinda expenssive. It allows you to daisy chain up to 4.6 or 4.9 amp of fans (bad memory sorry) along with 2 USB headers and 2 rgb strips or fan hubs. Also has 4 headers for temperature sensors. All that powered by a SATA connector and of course, 1 USB 2.0 on the motherboard. That would leave another header for more extensions. Also, if im right, your corsair hub right now is the lighting core? There is another hub that use SATA and and some non propriatary connector used by corsair but was used by Asus on older versions motherboard. No USB needed. I think LL and HD fans come with it. Not sure if you can buy it separetly. It was replaced recently by the lighting node core tho. Lastly, i will be putting a couple of parts on sale in a couple weeks, i will probably have a couple of those hubs for sale along with lighting node "Pro".Not the lighting node "Core" (they are not the same) i hope i'm not to confusing..

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
        You're looking for a USB2 9 pin splitter.
        1 to 4 https://www.amazon.ca/Kalolary-Exten...
        1 to 2 https://www.amazon.ca/Motherboard-He...
        That looks like my exact solution! Thanks. I spent hours searching and couldn't find that.

@Danny, The Corsair fans have 2 connectors. I believe it's now an either/or. One connector to the hub, which is then Sata powered, so the fans get RGB and power, or use the other to power them "traditionally". I'll know better tomorrow when I do my first power on before I start tubing. Going PETG for my first build. Just bought extra from the Daz store, I suspect I might make one mistake. How much tougher can it be than PVC conduit bending?? lol

Comment

I have 30 LL120 in my rig with 2 commander pro and 5 hubs. The new hubs (lighting node core) is SATA and USB connected while the older ones are SATA and 3pin non proprietary connector, connected to either Commander Pro or lighting node pro which are both connected to SATA and a USB port.

Corsair fans have a 4pins pwm connector for speed and 4pins connector for rgb where you need to connect them in the hubs.

Comment

Be sure to looks for coolant compatibility with petg. Lots of them get messed up by those type of tubes. For better compatibility, acrylic is the best but little more complicated to bend.

Comment

Thanks for the help, and my fast order from Dazmode (always pick UPS during Covid, they know what they are doing).

I literally just finished, so I'm just running the water for 24 hours now. I'm waiting on my Corsair hub, which is why one fan is idle. I'll be wall mounting my new art and throwing on the remaining 2 pieces of tempered glass.

I'm most proud that I chose PETG for my first water cooling, and I have no leaks! (maybe bending electric PVC conduit helped!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200516_201920.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	90935

Comment

Which coolant did you pick?

Comment

I'm running straight distilled water with Dazmode Protector additive

Comment

Great. Havent tried this one yet but it's what i plan to do in my next build.

Comment

Working...
                    X