First H20 build, doublechecking last order to make sure nothing is missed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First H20 build, doublechecking last order to make sure nothing is missed

I have been trying to get all my Parts together slowly due to financial constraints. Finally I think im at the end of the tunnel and will put everything together next weekend!

Bought some parts new/used , heres the list:
    1 ek supreme HF (used)
    1 ek 290 block (new)
    1 ek reservoir (used)
    1 D5 Pump w/ ekTop (used)
    1 x ex240 (new)
    1 x ex360 (new)
    5 x times corsair sp120 performance fans (used)

14 bitspower bronze age compression fittings 3/8id 5/8od (used)
    1 45 degree fitting
    1 90 degree fitting
    1 3 way fitting with drain plug

And i got myself a corsair 750D case (new) to do this new project in

my components list is as follows:

2500k @ 4.5ghz
    asus sabortooth z77 mobo
    16 gskill 1600 ram
    240gb samsung 840 ssd
    2tb toshiba 7300 hdd
    xfx refence 290
    tx750m psu

Im going to be get brand new tubing to have the system as clean as possible. (going to be cleaning the reservoir and the cpu block)

So i need to get tubes and i need to get coolant.

I was told that it is suggested to get DazMode Protector and use it with distilled water, would I need anything else or would that be enough?

for tubing i have 3/8" ID - 1/2" OD - or should i get a 3/8" ID - 5/8" OD. ( I was told the 1/2" OD is a tighter fit)

Anything else I might have missed?

Thanks guys!

If your compression fitting are 3/8 - 5/8 then that's the tube size you require to work properly.
    Distilled water and Daz Protect is all you need.
    Nice list of parts. Will require some case modding to fit it all in

to the Daz Zone
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      If your compression fitting are 3/8 - 5/8 then that's the tube size you require to work properly.
      Distilled water and Daz Protect is all you need.
      Nice list of parts. Will require some case modding to fit it all in

to the Daz Zone
      Thanks for the reply hooded!

So then I shouldnt be messing with different tube size. Ok. What about the the total length I need? would 15 feet be good?

Finally it from previous research i had picked the rads to not have any modding needed. heres a pic of the ex360 in a 750D

What kind of modding were you reffering to?

thanks!

Comment

Which version of EK rads are you planning to get? XTX or the PE? The XTX are quite a bit thicker.
        With the drive bays you've left in the pic the front 240 won't yet fit. Need to remove more bays so there is space for fittings.
        Planning for just pull air flow? If you planning push pull on top rad, the fans may need to be outside the case to have the room.

Comment

Which version of EK rads are you planning to get? XTX or the PE? The XTX are quite a bit thicker.
          With the drive bays you've left in the pic the front 240 won't yet fit. Need to remove more bays so there is space for fittings.
          Planning for just pull air flow? If you planning push pull on top rad, the fans may need to be outside the case to have the room.
          Actually I got XSPC ex240/ex360 which arent as thick as the EK XTX series. I was planning to start with only pull.

Comment

Which bay res you got?

Comment

ek x2 250 reservoir

Comment

So not a bay res then, I hope you have a good plan for the mounting/positioning of that big tube.

Also 15' of tubing should be enough for 2 or more builds unless your planning really long tube runs.

Comment

So not a bay res then, I hope you have a good plan for the mounting/positioning of that big tube.

Also 15' of tubing should be enough for 2 or more builds unless your planning really long tube runs.
                  hehe Im not going to lie... thats one thing I hadn thought of the 750d seems huge. Didnt really consider the reservoir being an issue. hmm

Was so pre-occupied with fitting the rads didnt even cross my mind. Do you have any suggestions for the 750D?

Comment

As I don't own a 750D, so I don't know enough about the space available.

Comment

Mounting the res to the back is always an option as long as it doesn't impede airflow too much. As far as I can tell these would be the clamps you'd need, if they were in stock. If that is the option you want to go you could figure out a good position for them, have the holes ready, jimmy-rig the res until Daz has more brackets in stock and then make another purchase. If not then I hope there is enough room next to the mobo...
                      Computer Hardware:
                      ■ Asus MAXIMUS VI Formula ■ Intel I5 4670K @ 3.20 GHz ■ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 1600MHz ■ 2 Crossfire XFX Radeon R9-290X @ 1000MHz ■ Corsair AXi12000 ■
                      Water-cooling Hardware:
                      ■ EK Supremacy Clean CSQ - Full Nickel CPU water block ■ 2 EK R9-290X Acrylic and Nickel VGA water blocks ■ 2 EK R9-290X RAM Backplate ■ XSPC RX360 radiator ■ Koolance RP-452X2 Rev.2 dual bay reservoir ■ 2 Alphacool Variable Speed D5 pumps in series ■ Aquaero 6 XT Fan/Pump Controller ■

Comment

Originally posted by TripleM View Post
                        Mounting the res to the back is always an option as long as it doesn't impede airflow too much. As far as I can tell these would be the clamps you'd need, if they were in stock. If that is the option you want to go you could figure out a good position for them, have the holes ready, jimmy-rig the res until Daz has more brackets in stock and then make another purchase. If not then I hope there is enough room next to the mobo...
                        Thanks guys!

yea I found those and ordered them asap (believe they are actually the correct ones). I want to try and get the build going this weekend.

On a different note I have found some videos for cleaning a CPU block with lemon juice, toothbrush and distilled water. Just wanted to see if there is a similar DIY video you can suggest?

(also will need to clean the reservoir I'm guessing same process?)

thanks!

Comment

EK recommends to clean acrylic with nothing but warm, soapy water and a toothbrush.
                          Computer Hardware:
                          ■ Asus MAXIMUS VI Formula ■ Intel I5 4670K @ 3.20 GHz ■ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 1600MHz ■ 2 Crossfire XFX Radeon R9-290X @ 1000MHz ■ Corsair AXi12000 ■
                          Water-cooling Hardware:
                          ■ EK Supremacy Clean CSQ - Full Nickel CPU water block ■ 2 EK R9-290X Acrylic and Nickel VGA water blocks ■ 2 EK R9-290X RAM Backplate ■ XSPC RX360 radiator ■ Koolance RP-452X2 Rev.2 dual bay reservoir ■ 2 Alphacool Variable Speed D5 pumps in series ■ Aquaero 6 XT Fan/Pump Controller ■

Comment

Originally posted by TripleM View Post
                            EK recommends to clean acrylic with nothing but warm, soapy water and a toothbrush.
                            thx triplem

Silly question but the warm water should be distilled warm water, right? if so would I just heat on the stove?

soapy water = any soap ? or something specific?

thanks triplem!

Comment

Stainless steel pot and a mild soap.
                              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Working...
                              X