Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper tubes/piping

Hey all,

Any experience here on using copper tubing for a WC build? I like using the hard acrylic but the constant reaming/rimming (haha bungz) and need of a heat gun makes the process a bit drawn out for me. I have plans to replace my Frosty-G Acrylic tubing with some loop adjustments using EK-HD acrylic (from Daz of course) but I am also interested in using 1/2 OD copper tubing.

I see that sebar over on CaseModContest did it, so I guess I could ask him, but just curious of anyone locally has done such.

Thanks!
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

you wanna get in touch with Sebar, our resident Pirate modder.

https://www.facebook.com/sean.e.barb...on=friends_tab

Other than him, the only other rimmer I know is Gdesmo.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

I did some reading on the topic and I think I have it figured out. I was more curious on ways to bend it, but there are a few different ways I can experiment with. The best part is, if I screw it up, I can get money back recycling it.

I can still taper/ream the copper pipe if I want to, just not with my rimmer

Poor gdesmo. Tsk Tsk Tsk
      DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gif (10).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	76095
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Despite being in the middle of a project right now, which is only my first water cooling build, I'm looking at what to do for my next build (I wish someone warned me building watercooled PC's can be addictive). I ran across some info that might be useful to you, 10e, which has all the info you'll need for copper tubing and also has a place to buy solid copper fittings.
          Computer Hardware:
          ■ Asus MAXIMUS VI Formula ■ Intel I5 4670K @ 3.20 GHz ■ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 1600MHz ■ 2 Crossfire XFX Radeon R9-290X @ 1000MHz ■ Corsair AXi12000 ■
          Water-cooling Hardware:
          ■ EK Supremacy Clean CSQ - Full Nickel CPU water block ■ 2 EK R9-290X Acrylic and Nickel VGA water blocks ■ 2 EK R9-290X RAM Backplate ■ XSPC RX360 radiator ■ Koolance RP-452X2 Rev.2 dual bay reservoir ■ 2 Alphacool Variable Speed D5 pumps in series ■ Aquaero 6 XT Fan/Pump Controller ■

Comment

Ha ha ! Warn you ? Why would we do that ? We want you to suffer along with the rest of us, mod junkies unite. Click image for larger version

Name:	gif (11).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	76105
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Cool find TripleM
              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Polished copper tubes look awesome.
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                  Ha ha ! Warn you ? Why would we do that ? We want you to suffer along with the rest of us, mod junkies unite. [ATTACH=CONFIG]2482[/ATTACH]
                  But I like to have a net income, not a net loss! Clearly I need to make more money to support my addiction... I mean habit... I mean hobby. Enough brass sheet metal to make a case out of gets really expensive . Really I just need to finish what I'm working on now so I can get back to playing games and over the next couple of years manufacture a brass steampunk case. By then I can upgrade my gaming computer's parts and then start working on water cooling the sucker with copper tubing and old school analog meters for temperature and flow
                  Computer Hardware:
                  ■ Asus MAXIMUS VI Formula ■ Intel I5 4670K @ 3.20 GHz ■ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 1600MHz ■ 2 Crossfire XFX Radeon R9-290X @ 1000MHz ■ Corsair AXi12000 ■
                  Water-cooling Hardware:
                  ■ EK Supremacy Clean CSQ - Full Nickel CPU water block ■ 2 EK R9-290X Acrylic and Nickel VGA water blocks ■ 2 EK R9-290X RAM Backplate ■ XSPC RX360 radiator ■ Koolance RP-452X2 Rev.2 dual bay reservoir ■ 2 Alphacool Variable Speed D5 pumps in series ■ Aquaero 6 XT Fan/Pump Controller ■

Comment

Originally posted by TripleM View Post
                    Despite being in the middle of a project right now, which is only my first water cooling build, I'm looking at what to do for my next build (I wish someone warned me building watercooled PC's can be addictive). I ran across some info that might be useful to you, 10e, which has all the info you'll need for copper tubing and also has a place to buy solid copper fittings.
                    Thanks very much. I found a big copper coil at Home Deeepot that I picked up to test my mettle on. Get it? I also picked up a 1/2" spring bender for those late night work outs. The links were very useful so merci.

The other option is to do what sebar did over at CaseModContest and paint the acrylic tubes copper, but I'd rather use real copper. I think I might be able to use it with the Primochill hard acrylic tubing fittings I have.

My reamer is supposed to be fine for copper tubes, and I have a copper piping cutter with new blades. I might have some bit of fun tonight with all that.

It's a slightly exotic plan I have, putting two R9 290 video adapters with my DazBought R9 290 EK plexi-copper water blocks and an Alphacool 180mm monsta (85mm thick) radiator in to a Silverstone TJ08-E case. I've already done a slight mobo tray cut to fit the radiator in, and with a 20mm thick Enermax (up to) 1200 rpm fan, there is barely enough space to fit the GPUs in, where each PCB is only millimeters away from the copper fins on the radiator, but hey, you only live once.

Comment

Working...
                    X