X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Intel Core I7 6700 and Asus Maximus VIII Gene

Hey all,

Have a couple of items I want to sell:

1) XSPC R9 290/290X water block, modified to work with XFX R9 390/390X with the tall inductors - $80.00 shipped

- LNIB comes with all accessories including thermal paste
    - Would be willing to add a dual Darkside 3mm LED set in any of the following colours: Red, green, orange, white
    - Already comes with dual blue 3mm XSPC LEDs with molex connector
    - Used in my blood-orange build briefly for about two weeks
    - No warranty due to modification, but mod doesn't affect the actual water blocks resistance to leaks etc...

Photo:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cKB...ew?usp=sharing

Photo of the mod:

2) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 4x4GB (16GB) Kit $100.00 shipped (pending)

Bought in 2014, used briefly for testing, but then I moved to a 32GB kit

Tested at 2666 mhz at XMP profile Cas Latency C15 on both Asrock X99 and EVGA X99 Micro Boards

Photo:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nb3...ew?usp=sharing

I'll get some photos up tonight of the stuff, but it's all LNIB (like-new-in-box), so all accessories for the motherboard and FAN/etc on the CPU. I scan all receipts if ever an RMA is needed.

I have feedback on Hardwarecanucks under this username to put your mind at ease, and I'm only listing these items here:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/itrader.php?u=2359

I accept EMT and I never process a payment until the item(s) are ready to ship. I also accept PayPal (gift or family, so I don't lose money on process/protection charges).

Admins/mods: If it's a problem that i don't have photos up let me know and I'll delete the post until photos appear.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 10e; 03-09-2016, 02:40 PM.
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

man i wish i had some spare change for this.

Comment

6700 is more expensive than a 6700k on newegg right now. Weird.

Good deals 10e.
      My Imgur

Comment

Indeed. The bargain hunter in me is at war with the part that feels it is against my religion to buy a locked CPU

Comment

It's too bad that Intel forced the motherboard manufacturers to remove the high BCLK overclocking that was around for a little while on the non-K chips.

Very "overlord"ian of them.
          DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Got some Pictures for the boys?
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
              It's too bad that Intel forced the motherboard manufacturers to remove the high BCLK overclocking that was around for a little while on the non-K chips.

Very "overlord"ian of them.
              Yeah thats gone now, correct? Even with the Z boards? I can't seem to find definitive proof online, but I would love to overclock a pentium or i3.
              My Imgur

Comment

I recently recycled an old Opteron 170 into an HTPC. Wife said she wanted netflix, so I pulled it out of storage, searched through my junk for a coaxial digital connector and a DVI to HDMI adapter, and I was in business. I gave it a face lift from a beige box to a black/silver theme to fit in with my Polk Audio towers, and then.... I overclocked it. Locked multi. The settings had been lost, I had to figure out how to do it all over again.

I found this article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...be-overclocked

Makes me wonder if you can still get hold of the bios that allows this on those select motherboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                  Got some Pictures for the boys?
                  Just posted it. The motherboard is sold already though, so I didn't post that. Someone scooped that up right quick

Comment

Thank You
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post

Makes me wonder if you can still get hold of the bios that allows this on those select motherboards.
                      Problem is intel can package updates with windows that lock the bclk.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news...-update-800575
                      My Imgur

Comment

Yah Tek Syndicate had a Rant (Rant #30) about how Microsoft and Intel conspire to package Windows updates to not run chips with certain BIOSes, ie. like the unlocked BIOSes, but likely only for Win10.

Kinda sucky if you ask me.

It's too bad because I was interested in BCLK only overclocking to try it out and it got scuttled straight after.

Comment

but, is it enough of a rimjob to make you go AMD?
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

I've sold many systems with overclocked G3258s in them alongside windows 7. I hope the owners don't upgrade to windows 10. That would be a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
                              I've sold many systems with overclocked G3258s in them alongside windows 7. I hope the owners don't upgrade to windows 10. That would be a headache.
                              I'm having trouble finding anything concrete but it looks like you can still overclock the g3258 on windows 10 as long as you have a 'Z' board. I could be mistaken though, I wish M$ would just come out and say whats what when it comes to these issues.
                              My Imgur

Comment

Working...
                              X