WTB sheet / sheets of metal... awkward request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB sheet / sheets of metal... awkward request

as title states I'm looking for pieces of steel which i could shape into useful modding parts.... at the moment there are very few sources of steel in ottawa and they are stupidly priced (i could order a new 800d side panel for less than the price of a sheet of steel which isn't as big -___-)

That being said if anyone has any flat pieces of steel (i.e. old unused computer case etc) let me know especially if you are in the ottawa / hull area

Cheers,
    Henry

Princess auto quite often will have metal, not sure how wide spread they are in your area.
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Comment

Look for a metal supply shop for contractors.

I shop at a place in Oshawa called Metals Plus. Great prices and the end cut rack is sold by the pound.
      eg: for $30 I had them shear 5 pieces of aluminum 200mm x 640mm plus a piece of 3/4" aluminum angle 12' long and some perforated sheet metal 6" x 4'

There has to be a contractor supplier in the area.
      No store eg: CrappyTtire, Princess Auto or Home Depot will come close to these prices.

A link to Steel Distributors in Ottawa

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/...uses/Ottawa+ON
      Last edited by Hooded; 08-19-2013, 07:22 PM.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
        Look for a metal supply shop for contractors.

I shop at a place in Oshawa called Metals Plus. Great prices and the end cut rack is sold by the pound.
        eg: for $30 I had them shear 5 pieces of aluminum 200mm x 640mm plus a piece of 3/4" aluminum angle 12' long and some perforated sheet metal 6" x 4'

There has to be a contractor supplier in the area.
        No store eg: CrappyTtire, Princess Auto or Home Depot will come close to these prices.

A link to Steel Distributors in Ottawa

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/...uses/Ottawa+ON
        You sir,

Are awesome, I will check this out on my next day off *_*

Comment

Working...
        X