X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
    Sweet update.
    Very cool build, loving it.
    Thanx Hooded, i'm aiming for more and better photos. This weekend is all about the custom cabling and the last water loop.

Originally posted by EZ's PC's View Post
    Looks great would like to see some crisper photos tho bud.
    will have a full crisp glamor shoot near end, although I till try to switch over to the cannon camera for most of mod as well

Originally posted by Mr.PipeBomb View Post
    Crazy thermals and Thermodynamics is definitely something I don't know sweet F all about... but all I do know is this may very well be the craziest cooling I have ever seen created.
    100% jealous of just how much stuff you have to try this level of awesome.
    Thanx Mr.PipeBomb I got very intimidated looking at you post yesterday, I forced myself not to view anyone's until my build was nearly finished just to self confirm I didn't snag ideas. The quality and detail of your work is frigen fantastic, truly modified that case. Thanx on the crazy, I was actually going for a little of that, going for unique, and hoped it could stand out with it.

Comment

looking awesome!! great barrage of photos!! the modding work is amazing

Comment

Mid Build PhotoShoot

As this PhotoShoot goes it's only during mid finish, things to accomplish from mid week till end of weekend is sleeving/custom cable runs, and second pump tower.. Than tidy up things next week and final PhotoShoot next weekend. Yet ya here ya go, a kind of glamorous shooting.

Need to extend 12mm hard tube, top tube 5mm and bottom tube 4mm; when pump gets bolted down and sleeve the 3 pumps along under this mess kinda where you can see the pwm wire is now

Thought about putting an air bleed on the top of that pump somehow, buh for now we'll used Res at Rad near top of case, the Res I need to add the anti cyclone 20mm deep form surface so when the air comes into the Res I at least have that much air room before I have to refill to combat evaporation

Drill this for my Rad Hot side Res

This card just looks to lonely, kind of wish money was free and I could get another card wet with it.

Oh what to do with this middle bar/ top half of centre piece?

I originally planed it to be chopped out to fit the 140 rad there. Ideal I shoulda just ordered a 120Rad with and 140Fan and that neat 120-140 adapter I found in the DazStore, than used that for ambient front case air.

So I should really let ya know, that wire stretch is Testing purposes, after all every mad scientist needs to experiment when they can

So Instrumentation taught me a bit about pipe diameter and distance... this distance sure is short to even gain it's purpose of being bigger, but why not I wanted soft tube in the back and at least my Lego, Fitting collection got bigger.
        Last edited by Markes12344; 11-22-2017, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Shaping up.
          Great concept here.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Peltier Power

So the chips are rated for 400Watts Max but that is at 15Vdc so at the 12Vdc I will run at the amperage staying the same at 30Amps, I have a calculated running load at 360Watts. I'll pretend the plates are still operating at 400watts power though, since running anything at its max all the time is never a good thing, so aiming for 80% running load, if I have a power supply of 500Watts, 80% of 500=400, and since I have 2 plates I'll grab my trusty 1000watt PSU outa my Home file server.

Found it, but Ketchup n Mustard needs chopped and it's a little dusty...

Last edited by Markes12344; 11-24-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Pump/Res Mount

So to mount these two towers, I needed to keep them as far away from the Cold blocks as I could, Plumbing them is already tough being that stubborn 16mm not wanting to slip into fittings like a 12mm. So custom it is, and I utilized the decoration metal as my Res Mount.

Last edited by Markes12344; 11-24-2017, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Rear Rad Res

The Rear Rad Res is fairly easy, but I'll explain

The Pass-through fitting attaches to top of a Q-Block with a 12mm Male to male,

The Reservoir has a Air release Fitting to aid filling and draining of the loop

I need the inlet to be extended but not so extended that any air coming into tank just gets sucked back into loop
                Unfortunately this is not an option unless the hole was in the middle, the tube hits the extension

So I tried the stock steam for in the tank,

But it was as I feared, 75% of air gets sucked back in, meh just a super long bleed out design...

Comment

Plumbing Loop2

The second loop consist of the Filter, 2nd Peltier plate, D5pump/Res, and a Flowmeter.

I chose to enter loop one after The 1st Peltier block, than go through filter, 2nd Peltier block, Loop2Tsensor, Pump2/Res2, Flowmeter, than re-enter loop one at the GPU out, where it heads back to the inlet of the 1st Peltier block.
                  By doing so, I can use loop 2 as a water temperature control loop. As water temperature in Loop1 increases, the system will increase Pump2 to utilize more of the 2nd Peltier plate. Thus the apposed same reaction will occur when temperatures decrease in loop1, pump 2 will slow down

So I ordered a T-block, not a Q-block, so the Tstat for Loop 2 will have to wait for now, but I managed to make the T-block still work for now

Couldn't seem to kick90 at all... betcha 4th time I coulda

But back to back 90 works too I guess

Last edited by Markes12344; 11-24-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Double 90's @ 90 are tough to get right with the 16mm.
                    I have to use a jig and lots of heat. Stills take two tries lol.
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

So I ordered the Q-block Rotary, with a couple double-sided tape pads, Thursday after hours, and got fooled by the 35$ next day at my door option, its now Friday late day and the package hasn't arrived, I knew it'll take longer than that.. luckily I compromised and just used the T-block sufficing the Tstat for now. As for the other dilemma, I ordered my sleeving November 13th... it has yet to arrive, cleared customs yesterday. This is putting all my sleeving after work hours and next weekend. I know have little to do this weekend. Wish I ordered it all from Daz but I needed a few things that Daz currently dose not stock. To put a time crunch worse, I'm on call next weekend so if I get a service call I'm screwed.. anyhow other than that, the system is looking very promising. Going to put it through a few stress test this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                        Double 90's @ 90 are tough to get right with the 16mm.
                        I have to use a jig and lots of heat. Stills take two tries lol.
                        I bent conduit for 2-1/2 years straight, well pulled wire for maybe a month of it. As I was an electrician, bending PETG is kinda like bending PVC, so guess my freehand skills have practice. lol

Comment

This is really interesting. I dig what you've done so far. Keep the good work!
                          Orange Horizon (Parvum Systems S2, i5-4690K, GTX 780TI, 16GB CL9, 500GB, Custom Loop)

Comment

Wow. A TEC setup. Awesome. So You're using 2 loops. Chilled/Cooling.

I was going to attempt this. Only one loop for chilled water then use an air tower on the Hot side. Maybe do it in the future. I bought a few parts that stare at me. Reminding me I spent money on this project haha

Very Cool. No pun intended.

What size of PSU you using? or is the HX850 running everything? I only see one power supply

Comment

Originally posted by MemBusX View Post
                              Wow. A TEC setup. Awesome. So You're using 2 loops. Chilled/Cooling.

I was going to attempt this. Only one loop for chilled water then use an air tower on the Hot side. Maybe do it in the future. I bought a few parts that stare at me. Reminding me I spent money on this project haha

Very Cool. No pun intended.

What size of PSU you using? or is the HX850 running everything? I only see one power supply
                              Im runnning one constant loop to monoblock gpublock, and a second variable loop into the first that will help maintain the temperature under fluctuating loads.

I was going to run the 850 for the pc, and a separate 1000watt i stole outa my old server computer to run the two 400watt Peltier. Since it was only semi modular I desoldered all the unwanted wires and was going to tie it's SwitchGreen wire with my 850's. Unfortunately after a weekend if testing, one foul placement of the green fried the start chip in the 1000. My plans now ale to bump to a single 1200watt, for when I overclock, but computer ran stable all off the 850, while under full and game loads, max draw frow wall at 600watt

Comment

Sleeving is Hard

So been sleeving nightly since Monday, lots to learn. I started at the pumps because it's easiest to hide...

I didn't get tooo far, my plan was to just directly connect to psu, im not 100% sure why, but my plug doesn't quite fit into the psu all the way. Also i'm trying to remove the pins to swap holes, top for bottom, uhm this tool from Daz how dose it work, I push it in like a molex tool, than pull on wire like i would with molex cords, but they don't pull out like a molex dose.. Any tips?

Comment

Working...
                                X