The Lightbringer by Kaidis a.k.a. partybrosdesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking mod! Well done and congrats on getting married
    One little thing that stood out to me is there looks like there may be a piece of what looks like masking tape on the front edge of the motherboard tray toward the back of the case.

Cheers,
    -dave

Comment

Originally posted by dknourek View Post
      Great looking mod! Well done and congrats on getting married
      One little thing that stood out to me is there looks like there may be a piece of what looks like masking tape on the front edge of the motherboard tray toward the back of the case.

Cheers,
      -dave
      Thank you very much!!

Oh crap! Haha I didnt even notice it while taking pictures! I had it there before I put the cable clip in and forgot to remove it! Time for one more photo to make that right!!!

Comment

Great job mate! Neat build.
        I think the pics doesn't really show how complex and compact the inside is. There's a lot of details going on, and it is well done.
        Congrats on getting married, wish you the best!

Comment

Excellent job, and congrats! Hope you found one that understands your modding

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
            Excellent job, and congrats! Hope you found one that understands your modding
            Thank you very much! I certainly have :p she even asked me to mod something for her! She let me buy my shapeoko I couldn't have found a better woman for me! Our house is already full of the next project for her mod!

and Seboo thank you as well! It's definitely hard to find a proper angle to show just how tight the space is when it's all assembled and the panels are on!

Comment

Holy bud! that was some heavy paint work there Picasso!, I was first thinking a Fallout theme once I saw the blue and gold. You sure do have some talent eh. Made a great case there, sure put some heat into this competition. Best of luck. Lookin forward to competing with you again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Markes12344 View Post
                Holy bud! that was some heavy paint work there Picasso!, I was first thinking a Fallout theme once I saw the blue and gold. You sure do have some talent eh. Made a great case there, sure put some heat into this competition. Best of luck. Lookin forward to competing with you again next year.
                Thanks! Heh I figured I paid to go to art school I might as well use some of the skills they taught me with sculpting and painting! And as soon as my cnc gets here, the 3d modeling work will come in handy too in conjunction with my previous cnc work.

Really looking forward to next year already and tossing around some fun ideas. I'm thinking "Lost" themed (have a really cool idea in mind already) or if it turns out well the build I just cooked up for my wife, and will be doing for the next few months might be a candidate! Also might go the same route Seboo went since I'll have access to the same equipment in my house and make some clear resin coated wood distro plates with acrylic tops.

best of luck to you too!! When I first saw your mobo, like everyone else I think i got a bit nostalgic for that green! You did a great job making an old plain rig look nice new and clean and interesting. Something people notice when they see it instead of ignoring in the corner of the room!

​​​​​​​cant wait to see what next year brings from everyone. This year already has so many HAWT rigs I can only dream of the ideas that will show up next year!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	85419 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	85420 Decided to add a few more nice photos of the inside as a whole and the CPU block since I really love it and the way it looks with the loop configuration!

this is the last post I'll be making before the Deadline and my final submission! Good luck to everyone !!!!!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Kaidis86; 12-04-2018, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Congrats. That is nice final build before your wedding. Nice tight clean tubing. Maybe I should find you whenever I want to build an new rig. I supply all the parts of course. Your art/modding can earn you some cash.

Comment

• Builds like this make me want to colour my liquid, but i just herd so many bad things about them. N wel., my first liquid cooled syetem is running on the same distilled water since 2012 when I built it, only ever top it up. Has a silver bullet plug and ptnuke... from what i see within the cpu block it's still gunk free and runs at same temps since day one... so why mess with sucess am i right. Well I'd argue because dyed liquid just looks dam cool!

i like how the mobo power cable fills the void, but reminds me why we need 90/180deg conectors! Looks very neat overall bud. Congrats on the build, im sure you'll score high

Comment

• I like the blue dye too. I had a tough time I the past with red dye staining components , so when I later switched to clear the water kept turning pink Hopefully you won't have similar issues. It must have been a challenge to accomplish what you did in the run up to your wedding (sounds like you have a keeper there - whatcha gonna build for her!).

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with that CNC!

Comment

• Thanks fellas! It was a crazy few months leading up to November! The project I'm doing for the wife is a lofty idea heh.

I picked up 2x phanteks Evolv shift x cases and gutted one completely, currently has 2x420mm HWLabs sr2 rads in it, gonna smash the two cases together and make it look like a T.A.R.D.I.S since she loves dr. Who!

Comment

• Wow. This is when you wish caselabs was still around. When I have to do my next build, I would have loved an caselabs available for it. Oh well, means I have to get an average case and transplant my components over and I just put in new components into mine.

I would totally pay you to see what you can do in my own caselabs s8 with future components (no modding of case). You will get to build with the best available brands and parts too.

Comment

• Two cases coming together as one. How romantic for the new bride Next thing you know, you will have a herd of little itx builds running around

Comment

• Love it! Nice work dude!

Comment

Working...
                                X