No announcement yet.

MODell XPS: Xperimental Propulsion System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is one THICK rad! clocks a tickin… you got this bro!

Comment

• Components are installed and loop is assembled, just leak testing with distilled. There is a drip from the CPU block itself, nothing else so far.

Comment

• Comment

• Literally at the wire lol. It runs! Posting from it now.

Comment

• No time to make it tidy, but I finished!

Comment

• Great job !

Comment

• Thanks Francois, that was too close for comfort ! Wish I had time to clean it up a bit, take better pics, and show off the exhaust lights. But I am happy that I got it up and running!

Comment

• Time to grab some sleep. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Awesome job dude! You've definitely got me itching to do a tribute build to this! The whole idea blows me away! *no pun intended* haha :p

cant wait to mod against you again next year hopefully! Great job and good luck!!

Comment

• Thanks Kaidis, I will try not to point the jet wash in your direction! Good luck to you too, I look forward to seeing your work next year

Markes, that IS a thick rad, especially for a 120! Same thickness as the massive 480. And thank you so much for the encouragement, it helped me get in under the wire.

Comment

• Definitely an interesting concept, nice to see the creative mind at work here. Well done.

Comment

• Grinder, I think MODell XPS will be many peoples favourite for years and years to come. Perfect!
                          The SLOB : A 3570K Build
                          Down & Out : A 2600K Build
                          V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

• Very cool mod and concept, and well executed! Great Job

Comment

• Thanks very much for the kind words

I think the case was calling out to me to have this mod, but it isn't perfect. I ran out of time to do proper cable management (didn't even install one of the cable shrouds that I created) or configure the interior and exhaust RGB lighting. The problem was that when I assembled the loop, the GPU area didn't work out the way I had planned as there simply wasn't enough space. It took me hours to find a solution that worked using the components that I had available. Daz is fast, but even he couldn't get stuff to me in an hour ! That said, I am still very happy with the result
                              Last edited by Grinder; 12-06-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Grinder With no word of a lie, out of all the fantastic mods that have been entered into the competition...
                                Yours is my absolute favorite! This is the staple definition of modding! I wish you the best of luck good sir

Comment

Working...
                                X