Tight Corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight Corners

Here are a few shots of some of the tightest tubing corners I've ever managed to put together.
    This is in an oldtime radio case. will be an HTPC when finished.
    May open a build log but most of the modding in this is practice for something nice.

Attached Files
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Yeah those are tight!!! nice work too!!
    Stubs

Comment

Great work in such a tight space!

Comment

definitly, i have to ask, why is individual always go for tight tubing curve as such over extension and angle fitting options? to expensive???? :s
        Orange GT Build
        Orange V8 GT Build
        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

One word FLOW very little loss through that connection compared to a sharp 90%

Comment

Looking good Hooded
            yes a build log

curious to what the front looks like
            yes those are some tight bends,is that a kink starting in the first pic?

Comment

I'm definately pushing it on the rad into the gpu block, but it's got full flow. It's already in the curve at the end of the compression fitting. All 3 pics were from 2 different 90º angles so you can see that it's not actually kinked but dam close.

Comment

Do you think anti-kink coil would help there?
                I put some in Rigamortis for looks but also to help on the tight bends

Comment

I heated the tube in hot water from the kettle.Let sit for 30 min. Then froze it for 30 min. It pretty much doesn't change even when I remove it from the compression fittings. I used a double thick lined 5/16 od tube inside it while it was being heated and frozen to prevent the tube from collapsing and kinking.

Not worried at all that it will kink.

Comment

Looks nice Hooded! I like the boiling/freezing trick! I got to remember that one!!
                    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                      I heated the tube in hot water from the kettle.Let sit for 30 min. Then froze it for 30 min. It pretty much doesn't change even when I remove it from the compression fittings. I used a double thick lined 5/16 od tube inside it while it was being heated and frozen to prevent the tube from collapsing and kinking.Not worried at all that it will kink.
                      Thanks for the good tip,I have tried bends like that with no luck will try your method next time
                      what size tubing are you using?

Comment

3/8 - 5/8 tubing is size used.

Comment

I have used warm water to soften it for getting it over fittings etc, butnever thought of freezing it afterwards to make it hold a shape like that.
                          Corsair 800D
                          2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
                          Software Developer

Comment

I was using 1/2 - 3/4 tubing when I tried tight bends like that

I am using 3/8 - 5/8 in Apparition seems easier to bend

Comment

Hooded: so you do all that heating / freezing with just the tubing? Or do you heat, apply fittings, and then freeze the fitted tube? Very curious about the details!

Comment

Working...
                              X