Heat waves & Water Leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat waves & Water Leaks

So my Monday started out wonderfully found that the leak that was supposed to be fixed above where our servers sit due to a 20A line and all the network hookups isn't actually fixed. We have gotten a lot of snow recently (Flat top roof) and the last two days have been hovering around -2'c to -4'c right after getting a couple dumps of snow.

I now have bins setup to catch all the water but according to the volume labels on the bin since yesterday afternoon I have dumped well over 32L of water out of the bins down the sink. And it is still leaking when I got into the office this morning.

Have had to set up a space heater to try and dry things out properly, but not so effective when it is still leaking.
    Last edited by Izerous; 12-11-2012, 04:50 PM. Reason: Fix Title
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Ouch that totally sucks.
    I wouldn't want to be the guy that supposedly fixed it.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Like your roof, I think his head is flat too! I hope the equipment is still dry!
      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Things only stayed dry because the rack we have is something I picked up out of an oilfield site. No nice mesh metal sides tops etc, solid steel. Took 3 people to get it up the stairs and not damage anything. That and a few well placed buckets and garbage cans to catch the water. Just relocated everything but the rack itself, had to stand in the dripping water to be able to get the machines out without them getting wet.
        Corsair 800D
        Software Developer

Comment

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you.
          I would most likely be in the mood to kill right about now, if it were me.

Hopefully doesn't cost too much to get a propper repair.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I hear this water cooling thing only works well if it's INSIDE the computer. I'd be ticked off too! Gotta love emergency roof repair. Been there, done that!

Comment

Ouch... water on HW rack... IT manager nightmare.
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Weather last night finally got cold enough to stop the leaking I think I'm close to dumping 44L of water now in total. I hope he gets someone up there soon to fix this because they are talking about it getting warm again in a couple days. Hopefully I can get everything dried out inside before it gets warm again, as the catch pails caught most of the water once they were actually in place.
                Corsair 800D
                Software Developer

Comment

Working...
                X