This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
    Aaah, you were talking about the motorized power zoom. Looks like a great accessory. Will it be quiet ?
    No idea, we will see. If noisy still ok for product shots.

60 fps is huge improvement.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Cool !
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Saw a short video on it and they say it is pretty quiet.Zoom has a fast and slow zoom speed and looked to be perfectly smooth in actuation. I see it just locks on to the lens itself and has a port opening on the bottom of the lens for an interface with the PZ unit. Kind of cool as it reminds me of the Sony 16-50 PZ lens that works very well. Off to the racetrack tomorrow and should get close to a thousand motorcycle shots at Mosport. Mainly Ducati's of course.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

That 60fps is soooo smooth. Beauty.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	xeon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	77046
            Got myself second 2011-v3 socket CPU for testing purposes. Always wanted to try Xeon, so got 10-core engineering sample for $200.

Comment

WOOOOOWWWW That is so cool.

Comment

HUH?!?!? You can get a 10 core Xeon for $200!!?!?!?!?!!? I was Googling the other day, while drunk and fantasizing about building a home ESX server, and it seems there are some great deals to be had on dual CPU 2011-v3 socket motherboards (I think I saw one for less than $250). So that means for $650, you could have a dual Xeon system with 20 freaking cores (sans memory and everything else of course). Still a helluva deal it seems!! If I sell my house this year, I must consider this!

Daz: was that a deal anyone can find, or was this done through your "businessman" connections?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                  HUH?!?!? You can get a 10 core Xeon for $200!!?!?!?!?!!? I was Googling the other day, while drunk and fantasizing about building a home ESX server, and it seems there are some great deals to be had on dual CPU 2011-v3 socket motherboards (I think I saw one for less than $250). So that means for $650, you could have a dual Xeon system with 20 freaking cores (sans memory and everything else of course). Still a helluva deal it seems!! If I sell my house this year, I must consider this!

Daz: was that a deal anyone can find, or was this done through your "businessman" connections?
                  E-bay baby. But keep in mind that it is ENGINEERING SAMPLE so you need to watch for stepping version that supported by your intended MB. Also CPU may or may not be stable...

Comment

I always figured used Xeons would be a good buy since they're not overclockable, so there would be less chance of some moron running 1.4V through the thing for months and then flipping it.

Comment

I bought 2 Xeon E5 2670 from Ebay (not ES, real XEON) for $200cad total at my door for a total of 16 cores/32 threads @3.3ghz
                      and 32gb of ECC ram for $86cad at my door (Kingston server ram)

I know its old thecnologie but not so expensive to build a workstation for my shop

a good dual cpu server motherboard (2011) is really cheap on newegg

like Asrock @ $399, I bought the Asus one, (asrock was BOat this time)

for now I'm on air cooling but waiting for budget to watercool this little monster in a Parvum L1.0

the cons of using a motherboard like that is very limited on USB port (using a HUB)

and no audio, (bought a Syba usb sound card at $9 from newegg)

some bench score like cinebench are just ......hahaha crazy

Comment

Amaaazing. I really want to set up a home server, but seems a waste for just.. plex. Lol..

Comment

Had dedicated servers for years xeons are cool to play with. Lots power.
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

What do you guys all do with them? I'm looking for ideas/excuses

Comment

Originally posted by kennah View Post
                              What do you guys all do with them? I'm looking for ideas/excuses
                              I was thinking about building an ESX server for VMs, just to teach myself that stuff. I'm getting kinda bored at work. I've been a backup/recovery/disaster recovery guy for about 16 years, and it's getting boring. I need to learn something new, or get out of IT altogether, since my brain is atrophying in my current job.

Comment

Very cool Snef.
                                __________________________________________________
                                Retro Build: Build Log,
                                Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                                Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                                __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X