Winter is here! Where is army?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter is here! Where is army?

Jeez! Got snow banks blown up to my waste this morning!

Snow thrower refused to start, so shovel till 11 am by hand! Ouch

Got to office and what did I saw? No snow removal! Barely could open a door to the unit.

No matter what - you never ready for winter!
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

I hear you Daz! I stayed home from work because the roads weren't plowed. So far we've been dumped on twice, and snow removal is slow each time. These aren't surprise storms either!

Comment

Come on I thought we were Canadians and knew how to handle winter.

Shovelled before I left for work, shovelled after work.

I'm hoping thats the one and only time this year.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

iv pushed all the snow into my backyard with the snow blower i know 2 little boys that gonna freak out when they gonna go play in the backyard tomorrow

Comment

no snow to move off the 14th floor.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Luck you bungz, you get to laugh at the rest of us!
            Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
              Luck you bungz, you get to laugh at the rest of us!
              actually, if you knew what I was paying ... you guys can laugh at me.
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

We've been hit so many times now with heavy snow; that for once (in a very long time), Calgary had a white Christmas.

While I don't live on the 14th floor of an apartment; nor have a house to worry about shoveling sidewalks and such, living in an older 3 story apartment (with a parking compound) has its drawbacks.

A few years back; actually managed to get stuck in my own parking stall; since then, I've always carried a shovel in my trunk, and a snow shovel in the backseat of my car...to shovel (and salt) my stall. No way will I ever get stuck again
                AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                  actually, if you knew what I was paying ... you guys can laugh at me.
                  Hmm... paying or shoveling? Hmm... Unfortunately they both have cons which far out weigh the pros!
                  Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

I have the best neighbor in the world: a farmer's kid who has multiple tractors. This guy makes quick work of snow storms if he see's I haven't shoveled yet. Never asks for anything in return, and I've offered! Just says he's being a good neighbor, it only takes him 5 minutes, etc. Best winter neighbor EVER!

Comment

I need me one of those.

Comment

Well the older you get the better you know how to handle winter 'theoretically" and progressively worse "practically"!

Everything hurt!
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

used to love playing in that giant pile of snow left by the farmer's blower. days and days of fun.
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

I'm hoping the snow is only here for the holiday season. Then back to global warmimg trend.

Comment

I'd love to have my own tractor to clean my driveway! It would be so much fun, I'd do my neighbor's driveways too!
                              Mario

Comment

Working...
                              X