Lay Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lay Off

Well doods seems I got laid off after 5 years with the same company just before Christmas....housing starts out here have tanked and there's not much aggregate movin'. Sides, the '04 Sterling I was drivin' was gettin' wore out and the powers that be decided the auction was the best place for it. Anyway, since I've got some time on my hands, other than tryin to find work outside of the industry (gettin' tired of lookin at life through a windshield after more than 30 years) if you guys need any product research done or anythin' else I can do let me know. You know the sayin " Idle hands...blah...blah ...blah, LOL.
    CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
    XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Lay off's suck but are a part of life.
    I expect to get back to work next week, at least I hope.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Fo' sho' Hooded...sucks, after being a tireman, everything from earthmover( biggest I changed was in Ft. Mcmurray in the 70's was 51") to wheelbarrow, drapery installer, and local and long distance trucker the only times I've been outta work is when I wanted to be..lol. Hmmm.... the West Coast does need a good Watercooling and Mod shop. Although I don't know that much about it, it would be a helluva learnin' curve for the old Gearjammer!
      CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
      XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

This always hurts at many levels. Sorry to hear about this.

If you idle... I have not seen good test for push or pull or push pull config at different fan speeds. Just an idea.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Sorry to hear about your layoff GEAR!
          Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Thank you much for the concern gents...wolf's not at the door yet so its all good. It'll give me time to do a few things around the old Ponderosa here that I've been puttin' off..lol. Helluva an idea there Daz but I'd need 3 more GTap15's to make it an even test on the fans since I'm set up as just push right now. If I could use 200mm fans there'd be no prob as I've got 6 of those layin around...LOL. Thanks again fellas!

Comment

It always puts a serious damper on things doing it so close to the holidays.
              Corsair 800D
              2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
              Software Developer

Comment

Sheesh, a housewifes work is never done. LOL. I have a 20 yr old girl and an 18 year old boy who both still live at home and work fulltime, which the wife does also. So guess who's Mr. Mom? I don't mind...if ya ain't workin' ya gotta contribute somehow. They sure like the house bein' clean and supper on the table! I suppose I could always try out bein' a greeter at Wally World. NOT!! lol.
                Can't believe how much I've gotten done around here so far but don't wanna do it all in a week. Won't have nothin' to do 'cept game and drink Monte Cristos all day!! Now don't you guys work too hard.

Comment

Haha.
                  I get to enjoy poggy this week, it's back to work for me Monday.

Comment

Cool Hooded...that's where I'm at, waitin' on the pogie man..lol...family's been good to the old man, everybody else is workin', sayin' take it easy for a bit Dad...find the job ya want...not the one ya need..Saweet!! Can't stay outta the workforce too long. I guess I'm old school...gotta be workin.

Comment

thats the spirit Gears.
                      Consider it semi-retirement.
                      pro sports guys do it all the time!
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

Pogies good for a bit but you have to have stuff todo around the house.

Comment

Guess tonight was as good a night as any to get drunk.
                          Ran out of gartorade so on to the Daiquiri's with Coconut Rum. Second one I'm hammered

Comment

hold on Hoody tryin to catch up...
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

OH, to be able to hold my liqour...when I was MUCH younger and a tireman it was a prerequisite to be a heavy drinker..lol...26 of whiskey and then lookin' for more was no prob, but now, 1 Monte Cristo coffee and I'm tanked..LOL Yessir bungz. I've always tried to be a glass half full kinda guy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X