No announcement yet.

Other Hobbies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice everyone the RC cars and airplane sounds like lot of fun. used to love playing with the electronic RC when i was a kid. that artic cat looks like it means business
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Ones a year I feel an sharp urge to polish my wife's car Then I'm good for another 12 month!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01254.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	75442
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

nice job Daz. did just that on my friends new car he just bought also practiced my camera skills.

Name:	DSC_0146.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	75445

Name:	DSC_0173.jpg
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	75446
        Orange GT Build
        Orange V8 GT Build
        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

S4 - nice ride.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima
            Nice pics wolf! Personally I'm to afraid to try R/C planes! I've broken enough parts on my trucks to convince me that flying would be bad for my wallet!
            Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
            I'm afraid I'm with scaccima on this wallet thing...lol...plus I'd be afraid of flyin' it into the back of my own melon, but man those are nice toys wolf. Still, I'd like to give it a go! The Corsairs and helos are sweet.
            Roflol, it's really not as bad as you think, at least on the wallet.

For you guys that are into gaming, you already have the eye hand coordination. To make it inexpensive, they sell (flight) simulators that plug into a computer usb port, costing from $20 to $400 dollars. Some of those have all the models and the exact flight characteristics of the models you buy and fly. These will teach you the most important lesson, orientation. As you guys that have tried r/c cars know, driving away from yourself is easy, but trying to drive back, everything is reversed. Although, it's always better to go to a club and take their free training. That alone may save you a few bucks.

To start, you can buy an (RTF) ready to fly airplane for $100 to $300. Start with a high wing and work your way up to a mid wing and then a low wing. RTF is usually electric and includes a radio/receiver, electric motor and battery and charger, maybe a little assembly. Charge the battery and you're good to go.

What you do have to understand is, most are made of various types of foam. This makes them very light and some foams are extremely damage resistant. But if you do crash and break something, all you need is a little hot glue, epoxy or cyanoacrylate (super glue) to put it back together. So, you can be ready to be back up in the air in less time than it takes to charge a battery.

The newer quad copters with 6 axis gyros are extremely easy/inexpensive to repair and can be had from $40 and up. Planes are a little more difficult but also cheap to repair. Helicopters are an entirely different story. They will cost you an arm and leg to repair and hours of setup after a crash. So, unless you're rich and extremely patient, stay away from them.
            Folding @ Home : For the Health of Mankind

Asus x79 Sabertooth M/B
            Intel I7-3930 @ 4.6g ghz (watercooled) cpu
            2 X 128 gig Adata SSD's in Raid 0 : 2 Terabyte Seagate H/D
            1 LG bluray/dvd rewriter
            32 gigs Geil pc3-12800
            Zotac 780 Amp 3gig memory GPU
            PcP&C 910 Silencer

Phobya UC-1 Extreme Intel : Monsta 420mm Rad & 3 x FHP-141 push & 3 X D14SH-12 pull : 2 x RX 360mm rad & 6 x FM121 fans push: XSPC D5 Dual Bay & 2 X D5 Vario Pump : Tubing - 1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD

Comment

Working...
            X