Who else was skipping work today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else was skipping work today?

I guess I'm getting old. Used to be fun to fight bad weather conditions, but today I just commute from home.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Had a week of -30'c (-45'c w/ windchill) a couple weeks ago here, it sure was hard to bother to get out of bed, but I was still in the office.
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Comment

I'm skipping today. Nothing at work so important I need to risk being involved in an accident.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Izerous View Post
        Had a week of -30'c (-45'c w/ windchill) a couple weeks ago here, it sure was hard to bother to get out of bed, but I was still in the office.
        Hardcore!

Comment

My electric start snow blower is worth its weight in gold today!

The snow is over the dogs heads for pee time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/230y8hiwzk...2014.21.56.mp4
          Last edited by canada2005; 02-08-2013, 09:18 PM.
          Asus Z170 VIII Hero | i7 6700K | G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 2800 | 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 | Samsung 850 Evo 500 | CorsairAX1200 | Silverstone TJ11 | Caselab Pedestal | GTX 780 Lightning SLI
          EK Supremacy CPU | RX480 + RX240 | MCP35X2-W | BP Z-Multi 250 | AP15's | BP Fittings | Distilled + Silver |

Comment

Yeah you guys in Ontario got hammered by that storm, we're just getting it but it combined with the one from Boston too! Apparently we're getting around 40cm of snow so that should be a good time.

Comment

Worked today...it's only 4km door-to-door, and if a little snow is gonna stop me from going to work, the girlfriend will really start to question why the hell I bought a 4WD truck.

Besides, I'm going in tomorrow for some OT, so missing today would sorta defeat the purpose.

Comment

so glad I stocked up on beers.
                of course, didn't stop me from taking the Volvo out for some donuts in the parking lot!
                Swedish cars love the snow... go figure!

btw: cute pups Canada.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

I was watching table legs since morning trying to see how much snow is on the ground

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0226small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	74969

Comment

I drove 55Kms one way to work, as usual, in this mess. Did the same thing to get home, took 1.5 hours, and had to shovel for 45 minutes to get into my driveway. Good times, good times. Oh well, I've been having an awful bout of insomnia lately (sleeping 1-2 hours a night for the past 2 weeks), so I could use the exercise. Might be just what I need to get some quality sleep, at long last!

Comment

Originally posted by Izerous View Post
                      I remember that week with (not so) fond memories; grudgingly going to work @ 2:30 in the morning...the coldest part of the day brrrr.
                      AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

I did not move a muscle today. I had some stuff lined up. Being as i was snowed in at 7am anyway i decided to try to relax and catch up on reading. Every time i started to fall asleep my dog would either start barking or my phone would ring. Its 11pm now and i've been awake for almost two days. I'll surely pass out soon hehe. :\

By the way guys didn't know where to post or make a new thread just for this but NCIX has a little weekend sale going Intel i5 3570k for 200$
                        http://tinyurl.com/cftgrvy

Have a good weekend all!
                        Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                        Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Originally posted by Neo182 View Post
                          ...By the way guys didn't know where to post or make a new thread just for this but NCIX has a little weekend sale going Intel i5 3570k for 200$http://tinyurl.com/cftgrvy....
                          nice... gives me an idea for a sticky thread...
                          http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...oday-s-Special

BOOM...
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

Only took 1 ½ hours to dig out the driveway and side walk.
                            My back is now killing me.

Comment

Oh great the damn plow just filled in the end of my drive way.
                              Well back to shovelling after this java break.

Comment

Working...
                              X